Windows XP The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006). Click on OK to terminate

Reaction score
InstallMgr.exe - Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006). Click on OK to terminate the application.

When you click OK, it comes up once more, you click it again and it goes.

Now I've searched the net and I've seen multiple reasons people claim it's doing this, well this is not a game, it's my Digital Camera set up CD. Without it I can't run my business.

I'm running XP Home without any service packs, as last time I installed SP2 and had this problem instantly, then it started doing it to all my programs and then the PC died completely. I've got no illegal software on my pc and only recently had to repair the OS. So it's broken in less than two weeks!

Any ideas or am I going to have to reinstall the OS for the 4th time in a couple of months?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Some information on your hardware please ... what make is the CD drive?

... and any other hardware that you can think of. ;)

Reaction score
2Ghz Celeron Processor
512mb DDR Ram
60GB HDD
Sony DVD/CD-RW
External BT Broadband ASDL Modem

Whats confusing with this problem is, that everybody I've found with the same problem has had it with a different type of program with completely different systems to mine, so there is no connection.

I've not used any Torrent programs or downloaded anything to my computer, I have Zone Alarm Firewall, AVG Anti Virus (no viruses), Spybot, Ad-Aware and CCleaner. There are no problems with anything so you can see why I'm baffled.

muckshifter

Reaction score
The 'connection' is the CDrom drive ... and I can't stand them Sony rubbish.

If you cannot 'borrow' a friends drive, buy a CDrom drive, cheap enough, easy to fit.

Try copying the whole CD to a folder, name it what you like, on the HD ... then run it from there. Delete it later to free-up drive space.

Why your system does not like SP2 is probably down to the fact your CPU may be a "D" type Celeron ... them Celery's are cheap-n-nasty. Look on Intel's web for the fix. ;)

:thumb:

Reaction score
Ok I just gave that a shot but it's refusing to read the cd, I tried to copy it to a folder and it copied two of the folders from the disk but says the others aren't available.

I tried to make a double of the disk and same issue.

I've backed up my whole pc as last time this happened the pc mysteriously closed itself down and wiped the harddrive, lol.

I'm just baffled why this cd won't work and why XP is acting up like this... AGAIN.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Ding Dong ...

Replace your CDDVDROM drive ... it IS your problem. ;)

S h i t Sony mate. :D

Reaction score
I was agreeing with this until my MSN is now having the same error.. anytime I try and load up MSN Messenger the same message appears and it's also doing it with Empire Earth now too... and these are already on my pc, so I'm going to have to wipe the pc... again, lol.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Well I would have a serious look at Intel's website and see if there is a problem with that crappy CPU

For an easy way to reinstall Windows XP look here ...
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341

Your system is showing signs of Hardware problems which in turn is throwing Windows into a wobbly ... worth also checking your HD out for 'bad sectors' by using CHKDSK

And I still don't trust your Sony drive. ;)

Get hold of "Everest Home Edition" ... it ain't free anymore but still available from here free
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloadget.php?id=4181&file=9&evp=0da1e17dee7b6e8a3cc13fc5b7062019
Install and run it ... it will give you ALL the information you need on your system. :thumb:

If you can give me a listing from Everest we may be better armed to help ...

:)

Ask a Question