The add-in could not be installed or loaded

Discussion in 'Microsoft Outlook Program Addins' started by Mk23, Dec 23, 2009.

  1. Mk23

    Mk23 Guest

    Hi

    We have a Outlook add-in. Now we have a customer that has a citrix
    environment. wehre he has installed the add-in for all users (30 persons).
    Now we have at only one single user the problem, that Outlook starts with the
    Message: "The add-in could not be installed or loaded ...." where the
    customer can select to deactivate the add-in.

    Outlook 2003
    Windows XP

    When we decide to start outlook without deactivation of the add-in, outlook
    starts up and works fine, also the add-in itself works properly. But the next
    time we start up we get the same message.

    We checked all our logs but didn't find any hint, that it is an error in the
    add-in itself. We tried to reinstall the add-in, checked all registry keys
    but found no further information.
    In the eventviewer of the system we find an entry from Outlook:
    Source: Microsoft Office 11
    Type: Error
    Event ID: 2000 (normally, sparly 2001)
    But no further information about the real reason of the error.

    Do you have any idea for me, what to do?

    regards Thomas

    Mk23, Dec 23, 2009

  2. There's no way to tell from outside what's happening. If Outlook is offering
    to disable the addin each time then there's an unhandled exception or an
    Outlook crash or hang, probably at exit. If this is on only one machine then
    I'd be looking to see what's different on that machine, and if it's running
    anything that integrates with Outlook that the other machines aren't
    running.

    --
    Ken Slovak
    [MVP - Outlook]
    Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.
    http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

    Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook], Dec 23, 2009