That Amazon deal on the SSD was too hard to pass up.....

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So I posted this a few days back - https://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/samsung-2-5-inch-1-tb-850-evo-for-£185.4069779/

I couldn't pass it up as the old 500GB 840 EVO I had was starting to fill up. However I think it will be perfect in the other halfs Asus Laptop. :)

It feels a little faster, though I'm not sure if it really is, HD Tune results were fairly similar. Neither this or the old one were slow. But being twice the storage space is what I was after!

42yjO8x.jpg

K01Obf7.jpg

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Very nice :D

I was holding out for that one, but ended up getting the 1TB Sandisk for around £150. It's not as fast, but for my gaming drive it should be more than enough and last for years (main drive is 250GB SSD) :). Are your main drive and gaming drive both SSDs now?

Reaction score
The next main PC will have SSD but until then the 6yr old novatech will do fine.
The next pc will be 8 core for crunching though.

Nice looking drive V_R and the cost is coming down.:thumb:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Very nice :D

I was holding out for that one, but ended up getting the 1TB Sandisk for around £150. It's not as fast, but for my gaming drive it should be more than enough and last for years (main drive is 250GB SSD) :). Are your main drive and gaming drive both SSDs now?

No just the main OS drive is an SSD at the moment along with programs etc. My 'Games' drive is a WD Black (as is the Doc's drive, the media drive is a WD Green), its really just my Steam drive, but I do move/install some games to the SSD depending on what they are etc.

I have Origin + BF4 and SW Battlefront etc on the SSD though. I might in time get another and move my Steam content to it, but for now the Black drive is fine. :)

TBH in real world usage, I doubt there is much difference between all the decent SSD's, just having one for the OS is a huge difference over a mechanical drive.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I guess with a TB for the main drive, you can easily move things around like that :). Best of both worlds!

Ask a Question