    Text boxes in powerpoint 2000 default to 10 or 12 spaces
    to the right of left align. Cannot correct. Text box
    defaults to this indentation. Any suggestions?

    Noel, Mar 15, 2004

  2. Noel

    TAJ Simmons Guest

    Noel,

    Click the textbox..... Format menu > format autoshape > Text box

    Edit the Margins......and experiment with the "text anchor point"...you may prefer "left"

    Chairs
    TAJ Simmons
    microsoft powerpoint mvp

    awesome - powerpoint backgrounds,
    free powerpoint templates, tutorials, hints and tips etc
    http://www.powerpointbackgrounds.com

    TAJ Simmons, Mar 15, 2004

  3. Noel

    NEL Guest

    But left margins are set at 0 and there is no "left" in
    the select list for Text anchor point. This is driving
    me crazy.. I linked an excel graph into powerpoint and
    then ungrouped it to save space. When I ungrouped it all
    the text shifted right about 10 characters.

    NEL, Mar 15, 2004
  4. Noel

    Echo S Guest

    "NEL" <> wrote in message
    > But left margins are set at 0 and there is no "left" in
    > the select list for Text anchor point. This is driving
    > me crazy.. I linked an excel graph into powerpoint and
    > then ungrouped it to save space. When I ungrouped it all
    > the text shifted right about 10 characters.

    Did you check the text anchor point? TAJ mentioned it, but it's easily
    overlooked. Sometimes setting anchor to anything with "middle" in the name
    will cause this behavior, even if the "middle" is in the vertical alignment
    area...

    Also check the bullet alignment on the ruler. View/Ruler to turn that on.
    Are there any indent carats on the ruler?

    --
    Echo [MS PPT MVP]
    http://www.echosvoice.com

    Echo S, Mar 16, 2004
  5. In addition to TAJ's and Echo's suggestions, check the text box tab of the
    format dialog box - there might be a margin set on the text box as well.

    --
    Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
    PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com

    Steve Rindsberg, Mar 16, 2004