Texas Instruments PCI-1410 CardBus Controller, PCMCIA card problem

Discussion in 'Windows XP General' started by Guest, Sep 14, 2005.

    I've been trying - literally for years - to add USB2 ports to my Compaq
    Presario 1722TC laptop. My mouse is plugged into a Sunix USB2 CardBus at the
    moment, so I should be content, right? Wrong.
    My mouse works fine, but every time I plug my Fujitsu Siemens USB2 flash
    disk into the bus the same thing happens: the device is recognised, I am able
    to view the files on the flash disk, and then a few seconds later my system
    seizes and I have to hold the power key down to reboot.
    I know what you're thinking: it must be the flashdisk. That would be a
    conveniently easy answer, but it's not the case, as the disk works fine on
    other computers.
    It isn't this particular USB2 CardBus either, because the same thing (or
    nothing at all) has happened every time I have tested numerous other cards.
    So it must, surely be the Texas Instruments PCI-1410 CardBus Controller
    that's at fault. How do I fix it? Has anyone else had the same problem?
    I have Windows driver version 5.1.2600.0, date 7/1/2001 installed. When I
    run the update wizard it says that it can't find a more suitable driver.
    Any ideas?

    Guest, Sep 14, 2005

    you should try the manufacturers website for your updated driver, never ever
    rely on windows update for hardware drivers !!
    --
    there are no problems just challenges

    Guest, Sep 14, 2005

    bxf Guest

    I'm beginning to think that manufacturers out of habit release hardware
    which they know does not work. Over and over I buy something with a
    problem, only to see a new driver that fixes the problem released
    shortly thereafter.

    I'd be willing to bet that some updates have become available since
    2001 for your hardware. Google for TI 1410 cardbus and you are sure to
    find something. Or go directly to http://www.driverguide.com .

    ---
    We judge others by our own limitations.

    bxf, Sep 14, 2005