TermDD, EventID: 50, X.224 error

Discussion in 'Windows XP Work Remotely' started by Guest, Jan 9, 2006.

    Hello everybody!

    I have a strange problem and I don't know what to do because I cannot find
    anything on the internet about it.

    I did a fresh installation of Windows XP Professional SP2.
    After that I installed Office and some other small applications.
    I activated Remote Desktop in order to connect to this machine when I'm
    somewhere else over the internet.

    When I connect to this machine I get the logon screen and after I entered ID
    and password and click OK, the Remote Desktop application (mstsc) disappeares
    or the screen stays black.

    At first I thought of my Firewall, but when I disabled it completely it
    still wouldn't work. In the Eventlog I had this entry error, saying:
    Source: TermDD
    EventID: 50
    the client connection

    I found a hotfix for this problem for Windows 2000, but nothing for Windows
    XP.

    Does anybody know this problem or at least an idea what this could be and
    how to troubleshoot it...

    Thank you very much!!!
    Korbi

    Guest, Jan 9, 2006

  2. Anything here that may be of any help?

    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=50&eventno=606&source=TermDD&phase=1

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...