Techfever

Reaction score
Hello all,

Rememer about a month or so ago, the owner of Techfever came and asked us to have a look...

Well, i just thought i would say that Techfever is now open!!

Here is the link: www.techfever.co.uk :D

KGB

Kye

Reaction score
the easiest site too navigate...
ill wait intil somone here buys a X800XT first before i try them out :D

Reaction score
Aww guys you remembered me :D

Thanks for the comments , glad you like the site. Keep the feedback coming and dont forget to register on the site to get a chance to win the DVD player. Im not going to spam you I promise :p

Sorry I have not posted much in the last few weeks but we only launched tonight so I have been kinda busy ;)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Well done man, i think the site is very much user friendly, and seeing as your on PC Review quite often, i think ill get most my components from there, least that way things can be cleaned up quicker if they go funky.

I might be on the market for a new graphics card in the new year, somethign along the lines of a 6800GT or X800XT, i think i'll be steering your way for sure ;).

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I congratulat you on a job well done.

However, may I point out, as I am so fond of doing, that I see no "contact details" other than by email ...

How the Distance Selling Regulations (DSR) can help protect your purchase.

The scope of the Consumer Protection Distance Selling Regulations 2000 is very broad. They cover both goods and services where the contact is made without face-to-face contact between supplier and consumer, and include products bought online, by phone, fax, TV and mail order.

When a customer buys in this way from a trader, the trader must offer the customer clear information. This includes details of the goods or services offered, delivery arrangements and payment, as well as the supplier’s details.

Many companies are still failing to put clear business addresses and contact numbers on their websites … this is a breach of the regulations. This information can be given to customers verbally but must also be given in writing.

The normal “cooling-off” period is seven days, although some retailers offer longer. Retailer must also say how long the offer or the price remains valid. The consumer’s cancellation right must also be spelled out before they buy.

Retailers can demand that the consumer pays the return cost of carriage but only if they state this in the terms and conditions. However, this doesn’t apply if the goods are faulty because then the Sale of Goods Act states that the consumer shouldn’t be left out of pocket. (mucks note ... it is on the earnest of the trader to prove the good were not faulty.)

Retailers are also not allowed to charge what is called a “restocking fee” (to cover the cost of things such as repackaging) for returned goods.
Forgive me but I really do wish you well in your venture, but could you please rectify the 'contact details' on your site.

Reaction score
Hi Muck, Thanks for highlighting that.

The DTI state

Prior information The seller must provide clear and comprehensible information to enable the consumer to decide whether to buy. This must include:

• the seller's name and, if payment is required in advance, his/her postal address
  • a description of the goods or services
  • the price including all taxes
  • delivery costs where they apply
  • arrangements for payment
  • arrangements and date for delivery
  • the right to cancel the order
  • how long the offer or the price remains valid
As we are taking payment prior to the customer getting the goods I will ensure our postal address is on our contacts page later today. ( Edit : Its now done )

With regards to phone numbers The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 makes no reference to them ( http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm )

The reason we dont display them is we have spent considerable time and money developing the e-mail system to allow us to give priority to the consumers who require it. A phone system doesnt allow us this scope of prioritising and would be detrimental to the levels of service we want to offer. Techfever are quite happy to phone customers back at times convienient to them if the situation warrants it.

Hope that helps Muck, and keep the feedback coming :)

Last edited:

Kye

Reaction score
Why does using a yahoo, gmail or hotmail account slow down the ordering process and that? just curious :D

Reaction score
Hi Kye,
The use of a Free e-mail account just means we need to be extra vigilent from a fraud point of view. If you were looking to defraud a company then you would use a free email account ( Well I would ;) ). We have several anti fraud procedures and some take longer than others.

I have no problem with such accounts and use them myself to help with Spam control, but when im buying I use my ISP e-mail because its generally more reliable.

Hope that explains that :)

Kye

Reaction score
that explains it :) thank you.

Question #2

i buy online using my aunties solo card. i want too register too the site, but do i use all the details in my aunties name and that or mine? the e-mail will be my e-mail, but everything else will be my aunties details.

i want too avoid any problems, and i certainly dont want too give the impression that if i register, it all looks a big dodgy.

i live with my aunty, so all that is different is card details and personal infomation. just wondering if this would cause any problems :S

muckshifter

Reaction score
Phelon,

I'm pleased to see you're willing to 'adapt' and I thank you for that ... your responce does indeed set my mind at rest. :thumb:

;)

TechFever

Retailer Representative
Reaction score
Just thought I should post a big THANKS! for all your support here at PC Review. Looking through the web logs since we launched shows quite a few of you have been on the site and registered.

We have had a few requests from customers for a Daily Deal, type feature so we have just implemented one (Yesterday). Each day a new product at a good price. As usual let me know what you think.

Thanks Again !!

The TechFever Team

Kye

Reaction score
I cant find who your couriers are. Who does your deliveries?

Edit: Only issue i have is knowing how much you have in stock of somthing. you might have like...a 3 limit for stock of a certain item, and, if you have 1 in stock, that means the availability thingy on the sides of the items will show that there is half.

i dont know how it works, so its why im asking, not that its a big issue...if theres an item i can wait for, i would rather know if its safe too wait, or buy now before there out of stock.

Kye

Last edited:

TechFever

Retailer Representative
Reaction score
Morning Kye,
The couriers we use are a company called Interlink ( http://www.interlinkexpress.com )
They are not used by many of our competition as they a little more expensive then the usual suspects, but we feel offer a much higher level of service.

With regards to the in stock indicators there are 3 levels

low2.jpg
This means 5 or less

ok2.jpg
This means between 6 and 50

loads2.jpg
This means 51 or more

I hope this helps but please keep in mind we can move numbers fast, so the fact we have 51 or more instock may only mean a days stock, or it could me 2 weeks stock.

Reaction score
Can't get hold of you Techfever guys

I ordered an A8n-SLI SE on the 27th December with Priority Class delivery, yet I haven't recived it yet.

I'm a tad worried as I've emailed the Techfever website a few times to ask if its in stock or there has been a problem with delivery, but so far I've not had a single email back.

I can understand that you Techfever guys don't have a phone system for your business, but it's kinda urgent that I either get the mobo as soon as possible or if its out of stock (a trick that CCL did with me where I ordered 3 things they claimed were in stock yet over the next 2 days they told me they were'nt) or if there has be a problem with the delivery.

When I check the order status online on my Techfever account it says it is Realeased for Pick yet it's said that since the 29th of December and still I have received no email or the product its self.

If anyone can help, please email me as soon as possible and I will give you my phone number to sort it out, I'm in a hurry as everything else I've ordered for my PC is now here so its just the Mobo I'm waiting for.

Thank you for any help and I hope this can be cleared up because I really don't want to have to give Techfever a bad name as they seem to be a good and honest company.

Reaction score
Everyone is probably overloaded getting christmas period orders sorted out... i reckon things from any company will take at least a little longer than expected.

Might even be the courier delayed.

Reaction score
Yea I understand that, its just not recieving an email to say if its going to be delayed or not.

If there is a problem with the order I would simply cancel it and order it elsewhere, but if the order is simply delayed a bit then I'm happy to wait, it's just I'd like to know so I can keep record of it.

I've had a nightmare Xmas building my new PC.

I first of all orderd an A8n-SLI Deluxe OEM and an XFX 6800 GS XXX from CCL, which despite them saying they were in stock they told me 2 days later they weren't so I canceld the order.

I then ordered the XFX from www.advancetec.co.uk where on the day I ordered it the price was £130.50 + VAT, yet when I went online the next day to check the order the price had gone up to £150 + VAT, after I phoned them they agreed to drop the cost of delivery so it was still cheaper than anywhere else.

I ordered 2x512 CORSAIR Value as I know the A8N-SLI will only take one of the current two 512 Ram boards I have, and the eBAY seller said it had been sent but its either taking 12 days to arrive or is stuck in customs (and I've emailed them 3 times to find out where it is and theres no reply from them either).

Then I ordered an ANTEC P180 from Girotech.com which actually turned up the very next day and was in excellent condition, except when I got it out it didn't fit under my desk (turns out ANTEC put the wrong measurements on their website) so I'm now selling that on eBAY.

Then I got an A8N-SLI DELUXE OEM from Aria.co.uk, but when I put it together it wouldn't work with, it simply wouldn't power up, I checked my power supply (a TAGAN 480-U01 which I'm now selling on eBAY too) and it works fine and I found 2 reviews where they used the A8N-SLI DELUXE with the U01 without any problems, so I've had to return that to Aria.co.uk for them to test it (and of course knowing my luck it will pass their test and they will send it back, and charge me, and I'll have ANOTHER thing to sell on eBAY).

I then ordered a P150 case which I know WILL fit and of course comes with its own power supply from Ebuyer.co.uk and it only took 2 days to arrive and its a beautiful case.

Then I ordered the A8N-SLI SE from Techfever as they had the best price and very good rateings on Froogle, so obviously now with it not turning up and me not knowing if its a stock problem or a delivery problem I'm just about at the end of my tether!

I have a new case with a new 6800 GS with no motherboard, RAM that I can only use 512MB of, and Battlefield 2 sat there waiting for the rest of the gear so I can get it going and get online.

And just to finish it all off, I start my Radiology on Jan 7th for my brain tumor....... so just a quick email or phone call from Techfever might not seem like much, but it will be a calming peice of info in the Xmas from hell I appear to be having at the moment! LOL

I tell ya, next year when its time to upgrade again, sod it I'm just gonna sell all my stuff on eBAY and get MESH to knock one up for me HAHA!

OH PS: Anyone know where you can get a Logitech G5 for under £40? they are well over priced at the moment and my lovely MX310 is on its way out running out of non-stick pads underneath.

Reaction score
There have been many bank holidays etc... over the xmas period, be patient, but i understand the e-mail point of view, maybe they are back logged???

Reaction score
Email

I ordered a laptop on the 28th of December, and despite mailing the site, i am still waiting for any kind of info to find out whats happening. To me this is an unexceptable amount of time just to now if my order is even going to arive. If there is is such a back log, then they should think about taking on more staff over xmas time. How long does it take just to send someone an email. I agree with everyone else, a phone numer would be great, so when things like this happen, a quick call to now all is well would be great

muckshifter

Reaction score
Should have gone to Tesco ... oh no, wait ... they were closed for Xmas

Sheesh ... you know, I closed "shop" for 2 weeks over xmas & new year ... :rolleyes:

:D

Ask a Question