    I have pressed Ctrl + Alt + Del to try and get the task
    manager to come up. It does but then shuts down again.
    I never used to do this. Please help

    Mike, Sep 30, 2003

  2. You have a virus. See www.dougknox.com, Win XP Utilities, Create Emergency
    Copies of Critical XP System Utilities. This small VB Program will create
    backup, usable copies of Task Manger, Regedit and MSConfig (named
    Taskmgr1.exe, Regedit.com and MSConfig1.exe) in a new folder
    C:\EmergencyUtil. Many virus programs will intercept these programs, based
    on their original file name. The modified file names, allow them to be run.
    Open Windows Explorer to C:\EmergencyUtil and double click the application
    you need. The next revision will allow you to browse for the folder you
    want to place the backups in.

    Additionally, see the Win XP Utilities section for Startup Programs Tracker.
    This small utility scans your system for startup programs and running
    processes. It also allows you to create a log file that can be copied and
    pasted into a newsgroup post. The contents of the program window are also
    copied to the Windows Clipboard, automatically.

    --
    Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows XP/ Windows Smart Display
    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes

    Doug Knox MS-MVP, Sep 30, 2003