    Administrator" and I've tried using the links on the other desktops but they
    still cannot use task manager. What should I do? Please help me.
    Grant

    Guest, Dec 13, 2005

    Galen Guest

    In news:,
    Granto <> had this to say:

    > I need some help getting my task manager to work. I got it to work
    > on my desktop and I am the administrator and I got it to work using
    > your link from other peoples questions. Now, I cannot seem to get
    > it to work on other desktops on my computer it still says "Task
    > Manager disabled by Administrator" and I've tried using the links on
    > the other desktops but they still cannot use task manager. What
    > should I do? Please help
    > me. Grant

    Assuming it's not malware try this:
    http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kb...ableDisableTaskManagerinWindowsXPHomePro.html

    Scan for malware too:

    Malware Cleaning:
    http://kgiii.info/windows/all/general/malwarefix.html

    --
    Galen - MS MVP - Windows (Shell/User & IE)
    http://dts-l.org/

    "My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplaces of
    existence." - Sherlock Holmes

    Galen, Dec 13, 2005

  3. Enable or Disable Task Manager for the Current User
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Carey Frisch [MVP], Dec 13, 2005

    Galen Guest

    In news:,
    Carey Frisch [MVP] <> had this to say:

    > Enable or Disable Task Manager for the Current User
    > http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_taskmgrenab.htm
    >
    > [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

    *chuckles* You know, in the ten million and three (probably more <g>) times
    I've been to Doug's site or sent people there that's a link I've missed???
    For the life of me I'd always done it by hand and had always told people how
    to do it by hand with editing the registry until I figured that I'd just go
    ahead and use a link. If I'd known Doug had that I'd have used that instead
    so thanks for the heads up.

    Galen, Dec 14, 2005