    manager again?

    I had turned system restore off prior to running the scans and removing the
    virus, so I wont be able to use that.

    s2gz, May 16, 2009

  2. From: "s2gz" <>

    | A virus (Trojan:Win32/Agentbypass.gen!) was detected and removed from my
    | computer by windows defender shortly after McAfee redirected me from a
    | harmful website (Allsp.com). After this point, my access to task manager was
    | disabled, and I have no idea what other changes were made to my system. I ran
    | a full virus scan from McAfee and Windows Defender, and no further viruses
    | were detected. I ran a registry clean-up program and restarted my computer...

    | How can I restore default settings for windows to undo any changes made
    | while my computer was infected? or at least how do I get access to task
    | manager again?

    | I had turned system restore off prior to running the scans and removing the
    | virus, so I wont be able to use that.

    Trojan:Win32/Agentbypass.gen! is a trojan, not a virus!

    Please use the following to clean your PC...

    Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

    SuperAntiSpyware
    http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfile.html?productid=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE

    --
    Dave

    David H. Lipman, May 16, 2009

  3. s2gz

    Leythos Guest

    Use my Remove-it software, it will remove that malware from your system.
    Choose yes for all options when prompted. Download it here
    http://www.ms-mvp.org/

    your time.

    Leythos, May 16, 2009
  4. On Sat, 16 May 2009 10:16:01 -0700, s2gz
    <> wrote:

    > A virus (Trojan:Win32/Agentbypass.gen!) was detected and removed from my

    A minor point, but just a clarification. That's a trojan, not a virus.
    Despite what many people think, a trojan is *not* a type of virus.

    > computer by windows defender shortly after McAfee redirected me from a
    > harmful website (Allsp.com). After this point, my access to task manager was
    > disabled, and I have no idea what other changes were made to my system. I ran
    > a full virus scan from McAfee and Windows Defender, and no further viruses
    > were detected. I ran a registry clean-up program and restarted my computer...
    >
    > How can I restore default settings for windows to undo any changes made
    > while my computer was infected? or at least how do I get access to task
    > manager again?

    It sounds like you are still infected. Try Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

    > I had turned system restore off prior to running the scans and removing the
    > virus, so I wont be able to use that.

    Please Reply to the Newsgroup

    Ken Blake, MVP, May 16, 2009
  5. s2gz

    Jose Guest

    On May 16, 1:16 pm, s2gz <> wrote:
    > A virus (Trojan:Win32/Agentbypass.gen!) was detected and removed from my
    > computer by windows defender shortly after McAfee redirected me from a
    > harmful website (Allsp.com). After this point, my access to task manager was
    > disabled, and I have no idea what other changes were made to my system. Iran
    > a full virus scan from McAfee and Windows Defender, and no further viruses
    > were detected. I ran a registry clean-up program and restarted my computer...
    >
    > How can I restore default settings for windows to undo any changes made
    > while my computer was infected? or at least how do I get access to task
    > manager again?
    >
    > I had turned system restore off prior to running the scans and removing the
    > virus, so I wont be able to use that.

    Never run a registry cleanup program. Accept the fact that there is
    no such thing no matter what you are told.

    If you use a restore point made n the past, you may just restore the
    problem again.

    When you get done scanning with MBAM, SA, and AVG (all free) find out
    if Start, Run, regedit works. Also try Start, Run, cmd.

    Jose

    Jose, May 16, 2009
  6. s2gz

    Leythos Guest

    Re: Task Manager Disabled After Virus Infection - PCBUTTS Impersonating me again

    In article <uHDPl.29915$>,
    says...
    > From: "Leythos" <>
    > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
    > Subject: Re: Task Manager Disabled After Virus Infection and Removal
    > Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 11:35:10 -0700
    >
    > Use my Remove-it software, it will remove that malware from your system.
    > Choose yes for all options when prompted. Download it here
    > http://www.PIRATE.org/
    >
    > --
    > The Real Truth http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/
    > *WARNING* Do NOT follow any advice given by the people listed below.
    > They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not waste
    > your time.
    > David H Lipman, Malke, PA Bear, Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Leythos.

    The character known as PCBUTTS1 posted the above, he has been
    impersonating me for almost a full week because he's an unethical hack
    and completely dishonest.

    Do not visit his website, it contains pirated code, has contained filthy
    pornographic material, and is on most some block-lists.

    Following any advice from PCBUTTS would put your system at risk.

    Abuse complaint sent to ATT/Prodigy.

    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"
    (remove 999 for proper email address)

    Leythos, May 16, 2009
  7. s2gz

    Elmo Guest

    s2gz wrote:
    > A virus (Trojan:Win32/Agentbypass.gen!) was detected and removed from my
    > computer by windows defender shortly after McAfee redirected me from a
    > harmful website (Allsp.com). After this point, my access to task manager was
    > disabled, and I have no idea what other changes were made to my system. I ran
    > a full virus scan from McAfee and Windows Defender, and no further viruses
    > were detected. I ran a registry clean-up program and restarted my computer...
    >
    > How can I restore default settings for windows to undo any changes made
    > while my computer was infected? or at least how do I get access to task
    > manager again?
    >
    > I had turned system restore off prior to running the scans and removing the
    > virus, so I won't be able to use that.

    Line 113. Enable the Task Manager - Disable - Repair
    Line 275. Lift Restrictions - TM, Regedit and CMD

    --
    Joe =o)

    Elmo, May 16, 2009
  8. s2gz

    Leythos Guest

    Re: Task Manager Disabled After Virus Infection - PCBUTTS Impersonating me again

    In article <>,
    says...

    > How many complaints are you going to file before you will realize that it is
    > not a valid complaint and nothing will be done? Are going to file a
    > complaint on everyone who posts with the name Leythos. You need to grow up.

    I will continue to file complaints as long as the abuse continues - it's
    that simple.

    What you fail to understand is the damage you do to your already poor
    reputation and poor image with each post Chris.

    Leythos, May 17, 2009
  9. On Sat, 16 May 2009 11:35:10 -0700, "Leythos" <> wrote:

    >Use my Remove-it software, it will remove that malware from your system.
    >Choose yes for all options when prompted. Download it here
    >http://www.ms-mvp.org/

    This post was forged.

    This not the MVP site despite its fake logos.

    The correct MVP site is http://www.mvps.org/

    --
    Remove del for email

    Barry Schwarz, May 30, 2009