    dont tell me to do a virus check, its been done, there is
    no virus).

    Thanks in advance

    Dennis, Jul 22, 2004

  2. Dennis

    Guest Guest

    certain
    >viruses can cause this behaviour but I have run -5- of

    the
    >top virus checkers, I am very clean. I have tried taking

    >copy of taskmgr.com from another computer, renamed it as
    >taskmgr2.com, ran it, got the same problem.
    >
    >Can anyone give me some advice as to how to proceed (pls
    >dont tell me to do a virus check, its been done, there is
    >no virus).
    >
    >Thanks in advance

    Please excuse me bumping my own thread. But does any one
    know anything about this problem? I am going to be forced
    to completely reinstall Windows 2000 out of paranoia if I
    can't figure out whats going on :(

    Guest, Jul 23, 2004

  3. Dennis

    Mark-Allen Guest

    Are you talking about Task Manager, as in TASKMGR.EXE?

    TASKMAN.EXE is a system-kernel program that is NOT normally run manually.

    --
    Mark-Allen Perry
    ALPHA Systems, Switzerland

    "Dennis" <> wrote in message news:261e01c47028$ca1d0a00$...
    Hi there, when I hit cntl-alt-del and bring up my task
    manager it immediately closes itself. I understand certain
    viruses can cause this behaviour but I have run -5- of the
    top virus checkers, I am very clean. I have tried taking a

    Mark-Allen, Jul 26, 2004