    to how i can manually add this device. I have tried
    uninstalling and reinstalling the drives and all however
    it's fustrating that i cannot see the device.

    angryblack, Dec 3, 2003

  2. angryblack

    NuT CrAcKeR Guest

    Have you power cycled the tape unit, and rebooted the server? I know it
    sounds goofy, but since the tape device reset itself, the server may believe
    it is no longer attached. Also, the device may not identify itself correctly
    until you power it off and back on.

    If that doesnt fix it, it could be that a newer driver might need before the
    device will work. The place to start is when the controller enumerates
    attached devices. If you dont see anything there... you might have cooked
    the tape drive.

    NuTs

    NuT CrAcKeR, Dec 3, 2003