    Also, sometimes files take about a minute to open. I have a fairly new Dell
    laptop with 2G RAM and 15G available hard drive space.

    Very frustrating.

    andersod40, Jan 7, 2009

  2. Hi,

    1. try Googling "Not enough system resources to display properly" there are
    lots of comments and suggestions at various sites.
    2. This site will give you ideas on how to improve performance some of which
    may help
    3. There is a tool called Fast Excel, which I haven't used and can't vouch
    for but you might take a look at it.

    4. Although 2 GB of ram sound like a lot by yeasterdays standards, I run a
    machine with 8 GB's. As for 15 GB free, that's probably ok. But you may
    want to close down other applications that are running at the same time.
    Hard drive speed on laptops tends to be slower than desktops running at about
    4200 rather than 7200 or 15000. On final point that comes to mind - Office
    2007 has much higher quality graphics and maybe your graphic card is having a
    problem.

    Cheers,
    Shane Devenshire

    Shane Devenshire, Jan 8, 2009

  3. This appears to still be unsolved and I am having this issue with several
    machines in my office.
    All Dell D820 Laptops and all upgraded to 4 GB of RAM. All running patched
    XP SP3 and Patched Office 2007 SP1

    Completely random Excel freezes up and the screen goes all gray and then
    this error pops "not enough resources to display properly" You have to close
    Excel and reopen and everything your working on is lost.

    Event viewer shows no errors or entries of any kind even relating to it.
    System resources are NOT maxed out at the time that it occurs. Usually the
    user has somewhere between 1.5 and 2 GB of ram free.

    Nvidia Drivers are newest available and it happens on all versions.

    This is driving me to drink...More

    El Presidente, Jan 30, 2009
  4. Same here.
    Windows XP SP3 and Office 2007 SP1.
    Some times users call us because their computer has all toolbars greyed out,
    stained. And computer usually works no longer.

    recently, one warning came to my attention.
    It was saying "Not enough system resources to display properly" (obviously
    it was in italian, and then I had to tried to figure out how it would have
    been translated in english).

    Still unresolved.
    Updated video drivers to the last versions.

    Maybe it could be due to large xls files, but it sounds like a bug.

    Kind regards,
    Angelo Maragna

    Angelo Maragna, Feb 17, 2009
  5. Well we found a solution to our problems. This was caused by an ADD-In that
    was installed by PPC eTools. disabling the add-ins has left users error and
    crash free for 2-3 weeks now.

    -El Presidenté

    El Presidente, Mar 9, 2009
  6. andersod40