System Information/Help/Support/micro update

Discussion in 'Windows XP Help' started by Guest, May 18, 2006.

    When I try to access my system information via Help and Support I receive
    2) When I try to access my system information via System Information I receive
    the following message: Can't Collect The Information (cannot access the
    Windows Management Instrumentation software. Windows Management files
    may be moved or missing).
    3) When I try to use Microsoft Update, I get the following error message:
    0x80070420
    computer. Help and Support would not work. I could not access Aol. My screen
    changed colors and so did the screen resolution. I reinstalled Aol and could
    then
    access the internet. I reinstalled windows xp professional 2002, but during
    the
    installation I received a message saying I had a newer version of xp installed
    with Service Pack 2.............so I removed SP2 via add and remove programs.
    Then reinstalled xp pro and received a few messages saying certain files
    (about
    three) could not be "loaded". However I was able to reinstall xp pro. Help and
    Support could now be accessed. I then went to ATI and downloaded new drivers
    and software............that fixed the screen display and resolution
    problem. The
    only other things I can mention is prior to the above problems I did 2
    modifications:
    1) downloaded and installed Java 5.0 Update 6
    2) went into msconfig to system confg and then to start up tab and eliminated
    PCMS service (ie...dell media experience) from start up.
    Any information of the above would be helpful, thank you very much for your
    time.

    --
    Thanks steve

    Guest, May 18, 2006

    Rich Barry Guest

    Your best course of action would be to slipstream WinXP + SP2 and burn to
    a disk. Slipstreaming has gotten much easier.
    Check here

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Slipstreaming+WinXP+and+SP2&btnG=Google+Search

    Rich Barry, May 18, 2006