System exception: access violation (Microsoft FrontPage 2003 is not supported on a UNIX Server?)

G

My first posting on this list

I am a MS FrontPage 2003 / Win 2K User
I am trying to publish my website but every time I try, the window: "System exception: access violation" appears and I can't publish the whole thing. I need to do it mannualy in little bunches of 10 or 15 objects (HTMs, PICs, etc) in
order to place them there

I know that I have not publish completely the website because the status UNMATCHED appears constantly, no matter if I tried to publish all changed pages from the local to the remote

I do not know if I need to do some special configuration efforts. The FP Extensions are OK (I have removed and installed them several times with no apparent results). Even my webhosting provider removed and re-install them but nothing happened

After a lot of retries, a new message also came up
"You do not have permission to do this operation. Ask your web administrator to change your permissions and then try again, or log on with a user account that has this permission. To log on with a different account click OK.

I was curios, so I decided to go back to FP 2002 and try to publish and see if I had a problem: none whatsoever. It was published PERFECTLY! Good thing is that all my data is there now; bad thing is that the problem pops up on FP 2003.... Humm...

I did not know at that time if has anything to do with FP 2003 or if it is an authority issue, etc. My tech support told me that Microsoft FrontPage 2003 is not supported on a UNIX Server. Based on their explanation, it's the share point that isn't supported.

Do you know or have had any situation like this? Is there an update for my provider or myself that I need to have

TIA
Peter Vida

Ask a Question