SyncToy Beta 2: Breakpoint reached

Discussion in 'Windows XP Photos' started by Swifty, Dec 13, 2007.

  1. Swifty

    Swifty Guest

    I'm trying to sync a directory on my server in the office (mounted as a
    network share) to my PC at home. This worked in the production SyncToy
    but fails in the beta with a message that a "breakpoint has been
    reached". I say that I want to debug (in case someone wants to know
    *what* breakpoint) but then I get "has encountered an error and has to
    close".

    This is 100% repeatable (albeit taking hours), if anyone wants to work
    with me to resolve the issue. I've been working with PC's since the
    first day that IBM introduced it's first PC, so I'm reasonably competent
    technically.

    I suspect the problem may be related to the network share; perhaps it
    becomes unavailable temporarily, or responds too slowly? At the human
    level, I'm unaware of any network problems.

    --
    Steve Swift
    http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html

    Swifty, Dec 13, 2007

  2. Swifty

    Ashish Guest

    Steve,

    We'd like to work with you to figure out how what the issue might be here.
    Please send any data you have on this including maybe a minidump of your
    process to and we can look into it.

    Thanks

    Ashish Shah
    SyncToy Development

    Ashish, Jan 24, 2008

  3. Swifty

    Swifty Guest

    Ashish wrote:
    > We'd like to work with you to figure out how what the issue might be here.
    > Please send any data you have on this including maybe a minidump of your
    > process to and we can look into it.

    OK, I'll start work on this. It takes days for the error to appear
    (quite literally) so I may be some time.

    I'll just keep my fingers crossed that my employer doesn't decide to
    upgrade my ADSL, as the problem might go away on a faster connection. :)

    Swifty, Jan 27, 2008