Windows Vista Synaptics touch pad not working

Reaction score
Hello

My fairly new Toshiba Equium laptop has the synaptics touchpad which worked ok until a few days ago and i can only move the cursor now, and not scroll in any direction.

I have recently installed Vista SP1.

When i have found the application and tried to open this to enable it, i receive an error message saying it cannot be found. Also, after visiting the Synaptics web page to download the latest driver it tells me to refer to Toshibas support pages, but there is nothing here.

Can anyone let me know how to re-enable this please?

Thanks

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What model number do you have? Toshiba should have a support page with the synaptics software you need - if they don't have it listed you may need to give them a call and get a copy sent out. The software may be on the driver disks that came with the laptop.

Did the touchpad scoll stop working at the exact same time you installed SP1? If not, you could try a system restore (by rolling back the system a few days) and see if that helps :)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
What model number do you have? Toshiba should have a support page with the synaptics software you need - if they don't have it listed you may need to give them a call and get a copy sent out. The software may be on the driver disks that came with the laptop.

Did the touchpad scoll stop working at the exact same time you installed SP1? If not, you could try a system restore (by rolling back the system a few days) and see if that helps :)

hI Ian, it is an Equium a200 15I
I tried their support page but nothing came up

Ask a Question