Synaptics IronVeil Fingerprint Security Technology

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
eTeknix have been taking a look at Synaptics IronVeil Fingerprint Security Technology which has been incorporated into a TteSports Black V2 Laser Gaming Mouse. This is a prototype only - the product isn't available on the market. Here's a snippet:

Security and privacy are words were all too familiar with in the digital age. It seems not a day goes by where we don’t hear about some kind of hacking, data theft, unauthorised access and so much more. With that in mind, it makes sense that consumers would be seeking the next step in protecting their data and today, we get to take a look at the latest prototype product from Synaptic, who have backwards engineered their latest IronVeil security technology into the TteSports Black V2 Laser Gaming Mouse. Now, it’s worth pointing out that this may not be a product that comes to market, as what we’re looking at today is really the sensor. If you keep the mindset that this sensor could be integrated into a mouse, keyboard, a flash drive, your monitor, or virtually anything else in a desktop environment for that matter, this whole concept will make a lot more sense.

Synaptics.jpg

Read more here.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Thats kinda cool, my brothers old Acer laptops got a FP scanner on it, not that he has ever used it.

My phones got one too, use it all the time, from unlocking the device to paying for things via the store etc. Soooo handy. :D

Think this is the future tbh.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Yeah all my friends who have the new iPhones use the fingerprint scanner to unlock it, and it seems to work really well. Easier than typing in a password / code that's for sure!

Reaction score
What happens if the product is locked and the fingerprint scanner stops working?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
There will be a password or something.

The FP scanner on my phone stops after a few too many failed attempts by friends etc. I can still use the pin to unlock the device.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
The FP scanner on my phone stops after a few too many failed attempts by friends etc. I can still use the pin to unlock the device.

Ah I'd always wondered about that. Never had a FP scanner on a phone myself.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
You can use either at any time, you don't have to use the FP scanner exclusively. :)

Ask a Question