    Thank you in advance.

    John McLaughlin

    , Sep 4, 2007

  2. Jon Peltier Guest

    In many fonts, holding Alt while typing 0181 on the numeric keypad produces
    ยต. This means you don't have to change the font for some of the characters
    in a text element (and many text elements cannot be formatted character by
    character).

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    _______

    Jon Peltier, Sep 4, 2007

    On Sep 4, 11:46 am, ""
    <> wrote:
    > Dear Group,
    >
    > Hello. I would like to use the greek mu symbol in an Excel 2007
    > histogram. I am able to convert the "m" into the proper "mu" symbol
    > in the spreadsheet itself but this is not reflected in the resulting
    > graphic. I need for my X axis label to be represented by the proper
    > greek letter, not m. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
    >
    > Thank you in advance.
    >
    > John McLaughlin

    Thanks Jon, This worked! I didn't know about this method and did not
    expect it to work. Before you sent this message I went ahead and
    imported the graphic into PowerPoint without the labels and then put
    the labels in by hand- very time consuming. Your method will save me
    a great deal of time in the future.

    Thanks again.

    Take care,

    John