    Corportate Edition 10 keeps popping up the Tamper Protection Alert every now
    and then.
    What should I do? Someone can help please? Thanks.

    Guest, Feb 18, 2006

  2. The only remedy I've heard is to turn this optional feature off.

    Bill Sanderson, Feb 19, 2006

    Re: Symantec Antivirus Tamper Protection Alert pop ups every now a

    Hi Bill,

    Thanks for your response. While it would solve the problem of the Windows
    defender not popping up alerts however, I fear that I would leave my system
    vulnerable to others threats from spyware etc. So it really does not solve my
    problem. Turning off the feature will allow other spyware to get in....Do you
    have any other response??

    Thanks n God bless.

    Vincent.

    Guest, Feb 21, 2006
  4. Re: Symantec Antivirus Tamper Protection Alert pop ups every now a

    I don't disagree with your analysis. However, until Microsoft and Symantec
    resolve this issue, I think you have a hard choice. I believe that I've
    seen example messages that involve both MsMpEng.exe--the Windows Defender
    Service which provides real-time protection, and MpCmdRun.exe - the
    command-line utility that does scanning and signature updates.

    Disabling either of these involves substantially disabling Windows Defender.
    I don't know how to weigh that against whatever additional level of
    integrity checking the Tamper Protection adds to your antivirus protection.

    I would certainly rate Antivirus protection well above antispyware, in terms
    of the importance of keeping it as functional as possible.

    Bill Sanderson, Feb 21, 2006

    Re: Symantec Antivirus Tamper Protection Alert pop ups every now a

    Thanks Bill

    I have no choice but to unistall Windows Defender.

    Thanks and God bless for your help.

    Guest, Feb 22, 2006
  6. Re: Symantec Antivirus Tamper Protection Alert pop ups every now a

    I won't argue with that choice. I believe this will get resolved, but I
    can't predict when, or how you might find out about it. I'd encourage you
    to re-try Windows Defender when it is released publically--or perhaps check
    back occaisonally and ask whether this has been fixed.

    Bill Sanderson, Feb 22, 2006

    Re: Symantec Antivirus Tamper Protection Alert pop ups every now a

    Thanks Bill.

    I will do that. God bless you.

    Regards,
    Vincent.