Switch to Excel workbook in a separate instance of Excel

Maverick

Using Excel 2003...

I'm trying to get Excel to switch to another workbook that is open in a
separate instance of Excel. ActiveWindow.ActivateNext works fine to switch
between workbooks open in the same instance of Excel, but won't work for this
purpose. I was looking at using the Index function to cycle through the
different instances, but can't get the syntax right.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

--

HTH

Don''''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful!

Please reply to newsgroup only, so that others may benefit as well.

Jim Cone

Maybe...
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/302460
"...Automation Help File..."
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Maverick"
wrote in message
Using Excel 2003...
I'm trying to get Excel to switch to another workbook that is open in a
separate instance of Excel. ActiveWindow.ActivateNext works fine to switch
between workbooks open in the same instance of Excel,
but won't work for this purpose.
I was looking at using the Index function to cycle through the
different instances, but can't get the syntax right.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Maverick

I'm using Excel 2003, not XP. Thanks for trying.
--

HTH

Don''''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful!

Please reply to newsgroup only, so that others may benefit as well.

Jim Cone

"You can lead a horse to water, but..."