    remember seeing it before.

    Thanks in advance,
    MG

    MG, Aug 11, 2003

  2. MG

    Mad Fenian Guest

    On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:12:38 -0700, "MG" <> scribbled:

    >>Hi, please help.
    >>
    >>Event error 7031 repeatedly occurs on my system. I use
    >>Windows 2000 pro SP3. what is this event error and why
    >>does it keep happening. Also the file application of
    >>svchost.exe is in 2 folders, system32 and
    >>system32/dllcache folder. is this correct. And my
    >>dllcach folder in the system32 directory is blue in color
    >>is this correct?
    >>
    >>Also does anyone know what process in the task manager is
    >>msblast.exe - what is this for is it a problem. I don't
    >>remember seeing it before.
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance,
    >>MG

    msblast is a worm that will cause your computer to shut down.
    Happened to me a million times today before I finally figured out what
    the problem was. Apparently it just hit the market today given that
    every post on google is dated 8/11/03.

    Go here for Symantec info on the little bastard:

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.html

    and then go here to get info from Microsoft:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823980

    You will need to update and install the patch to get rid of the virus.

    Mad Fenian, Aug 12, 2003

  3. MG

    Alvin Leung Guest

    msblast.exe is a virus, you can find more information about it at

    Alvin Leung, Aug 12, 2003