surfing wireless with Virgin?

Reaction score
I have a broadband account with virgin. I am wanting to buy a laptop but i was wondering would i have to buy a wireless router to start surfing the internet.

Alternativly, could i connect the ethernet cable to the laptop and surf the internet this way?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
You could just plug the cable in to the laptop .
You could get a wireless card for the pc and one for the lap top and use the wired modem connected to the pc but to surf with the laptop you would need the pc switched on .
You could get a wireless router and a card for the pc and one for the laptop . Then you could use either the laptop or the pc at any time .

happywave.gif

Reaction score
If the laptop already comes with a wireless card, then will it automatically detect broadband connection?

If you have to buy a wireless card, im presuming theres a slot in the laptop where it can be inserted/

Sorry, i do not know much about wireless and cards

Reaction score
If you want to go wireless make sure the router is compatible with cable,i'm on Virgin and got a Buffalo router it is quite fast and works well.

Reaction score
Hi Frodo, is that buffalo router the one supplied by Virgin?

Also, what kind of speeds are you getting?

how many megs do you get with Virgin?

Reaction score
BourneSupreme said:
Hi Frodo, is that buffalo router the one supplied by Virgin?

Also, what kind of speeds are you getting?

how many megs do you get with Virgin?

No i got it from ebuyer it's this one
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/97222

on the laptop i get 54mbs as a rule,i'm on 4meg broadband with Virgin,hope this helps.

Ask a Question