surface in radar charts in Excel

Discussion in 'Microsoft Excel Charting' started by elka, May 9, 2006.

  1. elka

    elka Guest

    elka, May 9, 2006

  2. elka

    Andy Pope Guest

    Hi,

    Break the problem down by calculating the area of each triangle in the
    radar plot and then summing them.
    Assuming your data series for a 3 point radar chart is in A1:A3 put this
    formula into B1 and copy down to B3.

    B1: =0.5*A1*A2*SIN(DEGREES(360/3))

    To make the last points formula work you will need to reference point 1.
    The easiest way to do this is to add a formula in A4 which references A1
    A4: =A1

    To find the area sum B1:B3

    Cheers
    Andy