    countours? (IE so that i could set it to be from 0-1, 1-2, 3-4, 4-5, 5-6,
    7-8, 8-9, and 9-10 so that i would have 10 contours on my graph rather then
    5?)

    royjacob, Sep 4, 2008

  2. royjacob

    Jon Peltier Guest

    Right click on the legend, choose Format, and set the scale on one of the
    tabs.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    _______

    Jon Peltier, Sep 5, 2008

  3. royjacob

    royjacob Guest

    John,

    I right clicked and choose format from the top screen but I did not see any
    option to choose scale. I clicked the size button and that opened a window
    that named "Size and Properties". This had a section called "Size and
    rotate", "Scale", "Crop From", and "Origional Size". However the "Scale"
    function was grayed out.

    Regards
    Roy

    royjacob, Sep 5, 2008
  4. royjacob

    Jon Peltier Guest

    Select the chart first so it has eight black "handles" on the corners and
    edges (not white handles). Then right click on the legend, and choose Format
    Legend.

    - Jon
    -------

    Jon Peltier, Sep 5, 2008
  5. Surface and Contour Charts in Microsoft Excel

    Surface charts are the only useful and valid 3D chart types offered by Excel. They have three true dimensions in the data, and can illustrate it reasonable well. Surface charts are useful to show how a variable (Z) changes according to two other variables (X and Y). For example, a topographic map shows how altitude (Z) changes with longitude and lattitude (X and Y).
    Surface charts have some limitations:
    ? Surface charts are not true X-Y-Z charts. X and Y are not treated as numeric data, and must consist of regularly defined, evenly spaced categories. Exactly one Z value is needed for each X-Y pair.
    ? The surface calculations are rudimentary, drawn by connecting Z values at X-Y nodes with straight lines and planar sections. A saddle point is not accurately drawn if it occurs between the X-Y nodes.
    ? The color-filled surface charts do not allow transparency, which would help visualize hidden parts of the surface. (Perhaps Excel for the Mac allows this, but that's insufficient cause to trade in your Windows machine for a Mac.)
    ? The wireframe versions of the surface chart have too many visible line segments, showing both the boundaries marking different values and the lines connecting the nodes. They can only be hidden and displayed together; whereas it would have been a nice feature to show boundaries only, or formatted differently from node connectors.
    Despite these and other limitations, surface charts and contour charts, their 2D equivalents, can be quite effective in presenting information.

    royjaco wrote:

    Surface Chart/Contour Chart options
    04-Sep-08

    Hello

    I am trying to make a 2d surface chart from some data i have collected
    When i plot the data using the Wireframe Contour option I get a 2d surface
    plot where Excel sets the legend into 5 categories(ie from 0-2, 2-4, 4-6,
    6-8, and 8-10). Is there a way to increase these catergories and choose what
    data Excel lumps ito these categories so that my graph will have more
    countours? (IE so that i could set it to be from 0-1, 1-2, 3-4, 4-5, 5-6,
    7-8, 8-9, and 9-10 so that i would have 10 contours on my graph rather then
    5?)

    On Thursday, September 04, 2008 3:17 PM
    royjaco wrote:

    Surface Chart/Contour Chart options
    Hello

    I am trying to make a 2d surface chart from some data i have collected
    When i plot the data using the Wireframe Contour option I get a 2d surface
    plot where Excel sets the legend into 5 categories(ie from 0-2, 2-4, 4-6,
    6-8, and 8-10). Is there a way to increase these catergories and choose what
    data Excel lumps ito these categories so that my graph will have more
    countours? (IE so that i could set it to be from 0-1, 1-2, 3-4, 4-5, 5-6,
    7-8, 8-9, and 9-10 so that i would have 10 contours on my graph rather then
    5?)

    ------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MV
    Tutorials and Custom Solution
    Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.co
    ______

    "royjacob" <> wrote in message

    On Friday, September 05, 2008 9:31 AM
    royjaco wrote:

    John,I right clicked and choose format from the top screen but I did not see
    John

    I right clicked and choose format from the top screen but I did not see any
    option to choose scale. I clicked the size button and that opened a window
    that named "Size and Properties". This had a section called "Size and
    rotate", "Scale", "Crop From", and "Origional Size". However the "Scale"
    function was grayed out

    Regard
    Ro

    "Jon Peltier" wrote:

    On Friday, September 05, 2008 11:40 AM
    Jon Peltier wrote:

    Select the chart first so it has eight black "handles" on the corners and
    Select the chart first so it has eight black "handles" on the corners and
    edges (not white handles). Then right click on the legend, and choose Format
    Legend.

    - Jon
    -------
    Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
    Tutorials and Custom Solutions
    _______

    "royjacob" <> wrote in message

    Sending SMTP email from within BizTalk Orchestration
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...f-1716445b26bc/sending-smtp-email-from-w.aspx

    Habib ur Rehman Habib, Mar 17, 2010