    how much is going to fit on the current page and
    dynamically set the ForceNewPage property?

    Thanks!

    Shara, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Shara

    Allen Browne Guest

    Check the Top property of the report to see how far you are down the page.

    The Top property is measured in twips, where 1440 twips = 1 inch, so to see
    if you are more than 9 inches down the page you would test:
    If Me.Top > 9 * 1440 Then

    If you can't dynamically set the ForceNewPage property, you could add a Page
    Break control to the report and toggle its Visible property to achieve a
    page break.

    --
    Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia.
    Reply to the newsgroup. (Email address has spurious "_SpamTrap")

    Allen Browne, Jul 9, 2003

  3. Shara

    Shara Guest

    Thanks for your suggestion. I'm not sure what I'm doing
    wrong, but I still can't get it to work. The "Top"
    property doesn't seem to be consistent. For instance,
    when I initially open up the report containing my
    subreport, it reports a "Top" of 0, regardless of how far
    down it actually is on the page. There are other times
    where it seems to be pretty close, but then another time
    where it will say "Top" is 6.5 inches down the page and
    it's actually only 2 inches. Any suggestions?

    I also couldn't get the ForceNewPage or the PageBreak
    thing to work...I tried it in the OnFormat event for the
    subreport's report header section and also tried it in the
    OnOpen event for the subreport itself.

    Shara, Jul 9, 2003