    work with special permissions.

    Please if somebody have the solution, let me know.

    thanks a lot in advance for your time ;-)

    tioumen, Apr 30, 2008

  2. tioumen

    Herb Martin Guest

    "tioumen" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello All !
    >
    > I have a problem with subinacl :) That's why I'm there...
    >
    > I would like to apply rights for a group on a drive named E:\ but I
    > don't want to apply the rights in each subdirectorie on this drive and
    > neither on new subdirectories created later...
    >
    > I have tried with calcls but I found on the web that cacls doesn't
    > work with special permissions.
    >
    > Please if somebody have the solution, let me know.

    XCacls works with (some) special permissions and can distinguish
    between inheritable and directory ONLY permissions. ICacls.exe
    too I think (but that is newer.)

    Also on SourceForge.net is SetAcl for Win32 which can do most
    anything with permissions if you can tolerate the command line
    syntax (using save to get scriptable examples is one trick.)

    Herb Martin, May 1, 2008

  3. tioumen

    tioumen Guest

    On 1 mai, 11:54, "Herb Martin" <> wrote:
    > "tioumen" <> wrote in message

    > > Hello All !

    > > I have a problem with subinacl :) That's why I'm there...

    > > I would like to apply rights for a group on a drive named E:\ but I
    > > don't want to apply the rights in each subdirectorie on this drive and
    > > neither on new subdirectories created later...

    > > I have tried with calcls but I found on the web that cacls doesn't
    > > work with special permissions.

    > > Please if somebody have the solution, let me know.

    > XCacls works with (some) special permissions and can distinguish
    > between inheritable and directory ONLY permissions.  ICacls.exe
    > too I think (but that is newer.)
    >
    > Also on SourceForge.net is SetAcl for Win32 which can do most
    > anything with permissions if you can tolerate the command line
    > syntax (using save to get scriptable examples is one trick.)

    Thanks a lot for your help mate ;-)

    I have found a solution with subinacl... In fact I have put the rights
    and special permissions on a folder... after that I have done a backup
    of the rights... After that I edited the file and deleted all the
    informations do not needed...

    Then i have "played" the file with the rights information ( I have
    replace the path C:\temp by C:\ ) heyhey enjoyed ... I haven't got the
    right syntaxe now ... I will come back with the syntaxe later...

    Have a nice evening ;-)

    tioumen, May 2, 2008
  4. tioumen

    Herb Martin Guest

    "tioumen" <> wrote in message
    On 1 mai, 11:54, "Herb Martin" <> wrote:
    > "tioumen" <> wrote in message

    > > Hello All !

    > > I have a problem with subinacl :) That's why I'm there...

    > > I would like to apply rights for a group on a drive named E:\ but I
    > > don't want to apply the rights in each subdirectorie on this drive and
    > > neither on new subdirectories created later...

    > > I have tried with calcls but I found on the web that cacls doesn't
    > > work with special permissions.

    > > Please if somebody have the solution, let me know.

    > XCacls works with (some) special permissions and can distinguish
    > between inheritable and directory ONLY permissions. ICacls.exe
    > too I think (but that is newer.)
    >
    > Also on SourceForge.net is SetAcl for Win32 which can do most
    > anything with permissions if you can tolerate the command line
    > syntax (using save to get scriptable examples is one trick.)

    Thanks a lot for your help mate ;-)

    I have found a solution with subinacl... In fact I have put the rights
    and special permissions on a folder... after that I have done a backup
    of the rights... After that I edited the file and deleted all the
    informations do not needed...

    Then i have "played" the file with the rights information ( I have
    replace the path C:\temp by C:\ ) heyhey enjoyed ... I haven't got the
    right syntaxe now ... I will come back with the syntaxe later...

    Have a nice evening ;-)

    Good job -- Permissions (on objects) not rights however. Rights
    are given DIRECTLY to users (i.e., Security Principals) while
    Permissions are assigned on an object to allow access for user
    to that object.

    Herb Martin, May 4, 2008
  5. tioumen

    tioumen Guest

    On 4 mai, 05:23, "Herb Martin" <> wrote:
    > "tioumen" <> wrote in message

    > On 1 mai, 11:54, "Herb Martin" <> wrote:
    >

    > > "tioumen" <> wrote in message

    > > > Hello All !

    > > > I have a problem with subinacl :) That's why I'm there...

    > > > I would like to apply rights for a group on a drive named E:\ but I
    > > > don't want to apply the rights in each subdirectorie on this drive and
    > > > neither on new subdirectories created later...

    > > > I have tried with calcls but I found on the web that cacls doesn't
    > > > work with special permissions.

    > > > Please if somebody have the solution, let me know.

    > > XCacls works with (some) special permissions and can distinguish
    > > between inheritable and directory ONLY permissions. ICacls.exe
    > > too I think (but that is newer.)

    > > Also on SourceForge.net is SetAcl for Win32 which can do most
    > > anything with permissions if you can tolerate the command line
    > > syntax (using save to get scriptable examples is one trick.)

    > Thanks a lot for your help mate ;-)
    >
    > I have found a solution with subinacl... In fact I have put the rights
    > and special permissions on a folder... after that I have done a backup
    > of the rights... After that I edited the file and deleted all the
    > informations do not needed...
    >
    > Then i have "played" the file with the rights information ( I have
    > replace the path C:\temp by C:\ ) heyhey enjoyed ... I haven't got the
    > right syntaxe now ... I will come back with the syntaxe later...
    >
    > Have a nice evening ;-)
    >
    > Good job -- Permissions (on objects) not rights however. Rights
    > are given DIRECTLY to users (i.e., Security Principals) while
    > Permissions are assigned on an object to allow access for user
    > to that object.

    The command =>

    subinacl /noverbose /outputlog=subinacl_c.txt /file e:\* /display
    subinacl /playfile subinacl_c.txt

    description of the subinacl_c.txt is :

    +File e:\
    /pace =svr_name\local_or_global_group_name Type=0x0 Flags=0x0
    AccessMask=0x1301bf

    tioumen, May 4, 2008