subform help needed please

Discussion in 'Microsoft Access Form Coding' started by Terry, Oct 12, 2007.

  1. Terry

    Terry Guest

    I have a form with a subform on it. The subform is set to continuous Forms.
    It displays a table listing open orders. I have one field in this table
    that is called "PickTicket" and one filed called "ReadyToShip". These are
    both yes no fields.

    Right now I have check boxes on the subform, thus when you view the form
    with the subform on it it shows all the records in the table one row after
    another and a check box appears in each check box if the value is yes,
    orther wise the check box is empty.

    I would like to create a more visual appearance. I would like a rectangular
    box that is filled with a red color to appear if the value in the field is
    yes, ortherwise the box would be green. I can get this to work with the
    visible property ONLY IF I set the subform to single form. If I set the
    subform to continuous forms, then if the first record is Yes not only does a
    red box appear for that record, but it also appears all the way down the
    list of other records.

    Can anyone help me with this problem, or can it be done?

    Thanks,

    Terry, Oct 12, 2007

  2. Terry wrote:

    >I have a form with a subform on it. The subform is set to continuous Forms.
    >It displays a table listing open orders. I have one field in this table
    >that is called "PickTicket" and one filed called "ReadyToShip". These are
    >both yes no fields.
    >
    >Right now I have check boxes on the subform, thus when you view the form
    >with the subform on it it shows all the records in the table one row after
    >another and a check box appears in each check box if the value is yes,
    >orther wise the check box is empty.
    >
    >I would like to create a more visual appearance. I would like a rectangular
    >box that is filled with a red color to appear if the value in the field is
    >yes, ortherwise the box would be green. I can get this to work with the
    >visible property ONLY IF I set the subform to single form. If I set the
    >subform to continuous forms, then if the first record is Yes not only does a
    >red box appear for that record, but it also appears all the way down the
    >list of other records.

    Don't try to mess with control properties on a continuous
    form. Instead, you can use COnditional Formatting (Format
    menu). Change the check boxes to text boxes and set their
    BackColor to Red. Then set the CF Value Is option to Equals
    and 0 with back color of green.

    --
    Marsh
    MVP [MS Access]

    Marshall Barton, Oct 12, 2007

  3. Terry

    Terry Guest

    Thank you. This is exactly what I was trying to achieve.

    Thanks again.

    Terry, Oct 12, 2007