    personal settings.

    Everything was fine last week when computer last used. Automatic MS
    upgrades installed last time PC shut down. Can anyone help, please?

    Gonzoglugg, Apr 20, 2009

  2. "Gonzoglugg" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Start-up seems stalled. Computer indicates: Please wait, loading your
    > personal settings.
    >
    > Everything was fine last week when computer last used. Automatic MS
    > upgrades installed last time PC shut down. Can anyone help, please?

    Swiftest solution may be to to use the System
    Restore Wizard to reload Registry as of a date
    before you upgraded.

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

    Don Phillipson, Apr 20, 2009

  3. "Don Phillipson" <> wrote in message
    > "Gonzoglugg" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Start-up seems stalled. Computer indicates: Please wait, loading your
    >> personal settings.
    >>
    >> Everything was fine last week when computer last used. Automatic MS
    >> upgrades installed last time PC shut down. Can anyone help, please?

    > Swiftest solution may be to to use the System
    > Restore Wizard to reload Registry as of a date
    > before you upgraded.
    >
    > --
    > Don Phillipson

    It's a little hard for the OP to use System Restore while the machine is
    stuck in the logon process. He may need to perform a manual System Restore -
    see here for details: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545. Since this is
    a fairly complex process, I would first try to boot into Safe Mode or Last
    Known Good Configuration.

    Pegasus [MVP], Apr 20, 2009