    Somehow I hit some keystroke that puy my PC in portrait
    mode. I cannot get it to undo. Monitor is now sitting
    on it's side so I can use my PC. PLEASE HELP!!!

    Eric H., Sep 8, 2004

  2. Eric H.

    Phil Guest

    Right click desktop, properties, settings, advanced, look around for a
    setting to rotate the screen, set it back to normal.

    Phil, Sep 8, 2004

  3. "Eric H." <> wrote in message news:<84b101c495cf$ccf602a0$>...
    > Somehow I hit some keystroke that puy my PC in portrait
    > mode. I cannot get it to undo. Monitor is now sitting
    > on it's side so I can use my PC. PLEASE HELP!!!

    What video card and what driver version?

    GreenieLeBrun, Sep 9, 2004
  4. Eric H.

    Malke Guest

    GreenieLeBrun wrote:

    > "Eric H." <> wrote in message
    >> Somehow I hit some keystroke that puy my PC in portrait
    >> mode. I cannot get it to undo. Monitor is now sitting
    >> on it's side so I can use my PC. PLEASE HELP!!!

    > What video card and what driver version?

    It doesn't matter about the drivers. Go to the Display applet in Control
    Panel. Look at the Adapter tab. You might have to click the Advanced
    button. Somewhere in that area will be a place to change Rotation. That
    will fix your portrait mode.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Malke, Sep 9, 2004
  5. Eric H.

    Phil Guest

    "Malke" <> wrote in message
    > GreenieLeBrun wrote:
    >
    >> "Eric H." <> wrote in message
    >>> Somehow I hit some keystroke that puy my PC in portrait
    >>> mode. I cannot get it to undo. Monitor is now sitting
    >>> on it's side so I can use my PC. PLEASE HELP!!!

    >> What video card and what driver version?

    > It doesn't matter about the drivers. Go to the Display applet in
    > Control Panel. Look at the Adapter tab. You might have to click the
    > Advanced button. Somewhere in that area will be a place to change
    > Rotation. That will fix your portrait mode.
    >
    > Malke

    Sometimes drivers do matter. My ATI Radeon 9200(dual output) did not have
    the option to rotate the screen with the original radeon drivers. I just
    upgraded to the lastest version of the radeon drivers and now my card has
    the ability to rotate the screen.

    Phil, Sep 9, 2004
  6. Eric H.

    Malke Guest

    Phil wrote:

    > "Malke" <> wrote in message
    >> GreenieLeBrun wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Eric H." <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> What video card and what driver version?

    >> It doesn't matter about the drivers. Go to the Display applet in
    >> Control Panel. Look at the Adapter tab. You might have to click the
    >> Advanced button. Somewhere in that area will be a place to change
    >> Rotation. That will fix your portrait mode.
    >>
    >> Malke

    > Sometimes drivers do matter. My ATI Radeon 9200(dual output) did not
    > have the option to rotate the screen with the original radeon drivers.
    > I just upgraded to the lastest version of the radeon drivers and now
    > my card has the ability to rotate the screen.

    Yes, but if the drivers didn't have the option to rotate to start with,
    the OP wouldn't have a wrongly rotated display!

    Malke

    Malke, Sep 9, 2004
  7. Eric H.

    Phil Guest

    "Malke" <> wrote in message
    > Phil wrote:
    >

    >> "Malke" <> wrote in message

    >>> It doesn't matter about the drivers. Go to the Display applet in
    >>> Control Panel. Look at the Adapter tab. You might have to click the
    >>> Advanced button. Somewhere in that area will be a place to change
    >>> Rotation. That will fix your portrait mode.
    >>>
    >>> Malke

    >> Sometimes drivers do matter. My ATI Radeon 9200(dual output) did not
    >> have the option to rotate the screen with the original radeon
    >> drivers. I just upgraded to the lastest version of the radeon
    >> drivers and now my card has the ability to rotate the screen.

    > Yes, but if the drivers didn't have the option to rotate to start
    > with, the OP wouldn't have a wrongly rotated display!
    >
    > Malke

    Ahhh..... good point. It's like the chicken and the egg. ;o)

    Phil, Sep 9, 2004
  8. Eric H.

    Bob I Guest

    Some use CTRL plus the Arrow keys.