    How do I stop WindowsXP in a workgroup from showing all
    available shared folders when browsing "My Network Places"?

    Thanks.

    TonyV, Aug 11, 2004

  2. TonyV

    Ron Lowe Guest

    "TonyV" <> wrote in message
    news:3bca01c47f7d$4cbf46e0$...
    > How can I stop mapped drives from reappearing the next
    > time a PC is rebooted?
    >
    > Also...
    > How do I stop WindowsXP in a workgroup from showing all
    > available shared folders when browsing "My Network Places"?
    >
    > Thanks.

    To stop mapped drives re-appearing, go to:

    Windows Explorer | Tools | Disconnect Network Drive.

    Un-map the drive.
    To map a drive so that it doesn't reappear after a re-boot,

    Windows Explorer | Tools | Disconnect Network Drive;
    Un-check the "Reconnect at Logon" option.

    Of course, this won't help if the drives are being re-mapped
    by a logon script if you are on a domain.

    To stop the shares appearing in "My Network Places", go to:

    Windows Explorer | Tools | Folder Options;
    'View' tab;
    Under Advanced Settings, un-check:
    "Automatically search for network folders and printers".

    You should be able to r-click | delete any entries in "My Network Places"
    which have already appeared.

    --
    Best Regards,
    Ron Lowe