Stop Errors - Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP Accessibility' started by Walt, Nov 11, 2008.

  1. Walt

    Walt Guest

    I'm getting stop errors after having this computer for 2 years with no
    problems. No new devices installed. The codes are never the same. After
    trying to fix this problem over the past couple of weeks, I'm asking someone
    here for help. The last 2 most recent errors are:

    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    STOP: 0X0000000D1 (0X005C0065,0X00000002,0X00000008,0X005C0065)

    The most recent one:
    KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR

    Unfortunately, I neglected to jot down the STOP ERROR code for the Kernal
    Stack error.

    After much research and many attempts to fix this problem, I still haven't
    fixed it. Can anyone tell me by this description if my problem is hardware
    or software related? Can you also advise a fix? Attempts included updating
    the BIOS, clearing and re-establishing the pagefile size.

    Thank you,

    Walt

    Walt, Nov 11, 2008

  2. Walt

    Andrew E. Guest

    Usually a memory problem,either ram or virtual....Try,R.click my computer,
    properties,advanced,performance,virtual memory,change button,L.click on
    C: (if it isnt already highlited),set to "let system manage" click set
    2X,close
    out,a restart of pc will be prompted if any changes are/were made...

    Andrew E., Nov 12, 2008