STOP error

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000' started by Alan Murrell, Mar 16, 2004.

  1. Alan Murrell

    Alan Murrell Guest

    Hello,

    I am trying to restore a hard disk image made with True Image 7.0 from
    one machine to another (i.e., different hardware).

    According to the True Image documentation, it is possible to restore
    an image to a system with different hardware if you run the 'sysprep'
    tool with the '-mini' switch on the source machine prior to creating
    the image.

    I followed those instructions, but upon resotration of the image to
    the new machine, I get the following bluescreen:

    -----
    INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE 0x0000007B (0xF241B84C, 0xC0000034,
    0x00000000, 0x00000000)
    -----

    Searchin on Google has indicated to me that the second parameter,
    '0xC0000034' indicates a hardware problem. This may indeed be the
    case, as the source machine is a SCSI (hard disk), and the target
    machine is an IDE (hard disk).

    My questions, then, are thus:

    1. Is there a way to have the restored image load the IDE drive
    controllers (e.g., perhaps an entry in the boot.ini file)? I tried
    booting from a win2k boot disk with a fairly simple 'boot.ini' file
    which was using 'multi', but it came up witht he same error. Perhaps
    there are other entries I can use?

    (NOTE: I thought the sysprep tool was supposed to remove any
    hardware-specific settings, so the image could be resstored onto
    pretty much any other hardware??)

    2. Do you believe that restoring this image onto another SCSI (hard
    disk), but still different hardware would cause any problems? (i.e.,
    would it be a much easier restore)?

    Thank you. I look forward to your advice on this matter. Please let
    me know if you require any other information, and I will provide what
    I can.

    TIA.

    Alan Murrell

    Alan Murrell, Mar 16, 2004

  2. Re: Cloning Problem

    "Alan Murrell" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am trying to restore a hard disk image made with True Image 7.0 from
    > one machine to another (i.e., different hardware).
    >
    > According to the True Image documentation, it is possible to restore
    > an image to a system with different hardware if you run the 'sysprep'
    > tool with the '-mini' switch on the source machine prior to creating
    > the image.
    >
    > I followed those instructions, but upon resotration of the image to
    > the new machine, I get the following bluescreen:
    >
    > -----
    > INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE 0x0000007B (0xF241B84C, 0xC0000034,
    > 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
    > -----
    >
    > Searchin on Google has indicated to me that the second parameter,
    > '0xC0000034' indicates a hardware problem. This may indeed be the
    > case, as the source machine is a SCSI (hard disk), and the target
    > machine is an IDE (hard disk).
    >
    > My questions, then, are thus:
    >
    > 1. Is there a way to have the restored image load the IDE drive
    > controllers (e.g., perhaps an entry in the boot.ini file)? I tried
    > booting from a win2k boot disk with a fairly simple 'boot.ini' file
    > which was using 'multi', but it came up witht he same error. Perhaps
    > there are other entries I can use?
    >
    > (NOTE: I thought the sysprep tool was supposed to remove any
    > hardware-specific settings, so the image could be resstored onto
    > pretty much any other hardware??)
    >
    > 2. Do you believe that restoring this image onto another SCSI (hard
    > disk), but still different hardware would cause any problems? (i.e.,
    > would it be a much easier restore)?
    >
    > Thank you. I look forward to your advice on this matter. Please let
    > me know if you require any other information, and I will provide what
    > I can.
    >
    > TIA.
    >
    > Alan Murrell

    This will probably fix it: