Stop error and safe mode logon

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 2000' started by Jeff Knight, Sep 9, 2003.

  1. Jeff Knight

    Jeff Knight Guest

    While installing IE 6.0 Update a machine in our network
    (IBM Thinkpad) started giving a stop error on startup:

    0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001,
    0x8042D5B4)IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

    Address 8042D5B4 base at 80400000, DateStamp 384d9b17 -
    ntoskrnl.exe

    This appears to be drivers problem but I am unable to
    logon to the machine at all. When I try logging into
    Safe Mode the keyboard and mouse are not recognized and
    it's trying to autologin with a network administrator
    account. Then there's no keyboard or mouse.

    When I logon to Safe Mode with Networking, it logs on and
    I can get to the hard drive through the network but I
    can't get on the computer because, again, the keyboard
    and mouse are not working.

    Any ideas how to diagnose and fix this through the
    network accsess? I've searched through the BIOS to no
    avail. By the way, it's our president's laptop who is
    currently out of the office and gets back Thursday!

    Thanks.

    Jeff

    Jeff Knight, Sep 9, 2003

  2. Possible Resolutions to Stop 0x0a, 0x01e and 0x50 Errors:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q183169

    Regards,
    /Jimmy
    --
    Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
    Microsoft MVP - Active Directory

    Jimmy Andersson, Sep 9, 2003

  3. Have you try booting to 'Last Known Good Configuration'?

    OR YAM SENG [MSFT], Sep 10, 2003