    to shut down.
    Thanks,
    Bob

    Guest, Aug 24, 2005

    Malke Guest

    Bob wrote:

    > When I go to shutdown xp a message pops up saying ending program,
    > program not responding STM3 TRAYLCON. I cannot figure out what this
    > is. This does not happen all of the time but when it does it takes a
    > long time for my computer to shut down.
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    Do you have ZoneAlarm Security Suite? Googling for your subject line
    brings up several posts on ZA's messageboards. If you do have ZASS,
    then I would suggest going to ZA's tech support site. I'm sorry I don't
    have the answer for you directly since I don't use that software.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Malke, Aug 24, 2005

    pertinax Guest

    I've just found the same problem on a brand new computer.

    As far as I know, I'm not using anything called 'Zone Alarm' (though
    you never can tell what may be pre-installed).

    However, a search on STM3 in the registry indicates that it may have
    something to do with the software for my EPSON Stylus C67 printer. So,
    if this happens again, I may try uninstalling some of that via
    Add/Remove Programs.

    b.t.w., 'Traylcon' is really 'Tray Icon', with a capital I, not a
    lowercase l. That got me confused, too.

    --
    pertinax

    pertinax, Nov 15, 2006