STEAM SUMMER SALE ON NOW

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
TBH i dont think its been anywhere near as good as previous sales. I haven't actually bought that much. Skyrim is the purchase of the sale for me. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I'm slightly peeved cos I'd already bought most of the good ones but did pick up a few worth having at the price.

I had the racing game 'Blur' on Xbox 360 but bought it yesterday on Steam for £11.24, I really like it a lot and prefer games on PC.

Ridge Racer Unbounded, imo, is a waste of money whilst Max Payne 3 @ half price was good and I bought an old Star Wars game I used to play - Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast (£4.19) which plays perfectly well within Win 7 on Steam and is giving me some nostalgia ripples.

Which can't be said for Hexen II (£1.79) it plays like rubbish, can't adjust res or brightness, it's murky and clunky - avoid.

Also bought the Fable III pack - which includes all add-ons and Fable 1 The Lost Chapters for £8.99. I had both of those on Xbox360 as well and like them both.

And finally for £3.74 I bought Payday: The Heist which I don't like much at all. It does seem like a good game but just not for me, too much going on all the time, does my head in, lol

So, down to Gamestation shop with Xbox 360 titles for part exchange: Blur; Fable III; Fable I The Lost Chapters; Green Lantern Rise Of The Manhunters and possibly X-Men: Destiny, cos I is getting a bit fed up with that one.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The only games i really want out of this sale are ARMA II, F1 2011 and maybe Dirt Showdown. Dirt was the only one i've seen and it was still too much imo....

I've got, so far this...

- Skyrim - Purchase of the sale. Been lost in it for the last few days. Didn't think i'd like it this much. :)
- Batman Arkham City: Harley Quinn DLC - Cheap and wanted to get it for a while
- Alan Wake Bundle (Summer 2012) - Not played this yet
- Payday: The Heist - Good fun for 3 quid.
- Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - Impulse buy, not sure why but i used to love it on the Megadrive. :D
- Max Payne 3 (ROW) - I like, good Film/game feel to it.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just bought the Batman Harley Quinn add-on, looks to be worth £5.35 and I like that game, though must admit I sometimes seem to spend hours wandering around trying to find the next place to make progress.

I did wonder 'Where is it' when I opened BAC, it wasn't there. That's because it's installed via Games For Windows Live, Steam just supply the activation code.

I played five minutes, more of the same, really, which is good, but the intro has many spoilers so complete main game if you don't want to know the ending to main campaign.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Goddamn, this sale is gonna skint me :lol:

V_R, Driver: San Francisco is now up there for a fiver, mines downloading now. I also bought loads of DLC For Civilisation V, giveaway prices, like 74p each. And talking of CIV V, if you like that sortta thing it's up there for a fiver too, well worth it.

So far I've spent about £65 in this sale but have I ever got loadsa Games, excellent. And, er, it's not as if I've been going down the pub every night after all... ;)

Just like V_R, I hope that F1 2011 pops up in the sale during the last coupla days, I have F1 2010 and it's very good indeed, but I read that F1 2011 is a good improvement on it.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Awesome! Nice one ta guys. This is the first time i actually forgot to bloody well look! (Mind you i've only just sat down since getting in from work.... :/) That would be just typical if i'd missed it... Though i usually check it at some point, even got the Steam app for iPhone. :cool:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Also, if you dont have LIMBO, You should have. Very cool game. I played it on the PS3 with the GF, she loved it. :)

Reaction score
Also, if you dont have LIMBO, You should have. Very cool game. I played it on the PS3 with the GF, she loved it. :)

Hehehe I picked that one up on impulse this morning. It kinda reminds me of that old movie, Eraser Head, with it's dark humour and greyish colors. I watched the trailer and immediately knew this was a must have, especially at that dirt cheap price :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Caved in and bought Crysis 2: Maximum edition for £7.50. I let myself down :(

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
The Steam Summer Sale continues today with huge savings throughout the store!

Today's Daily Deals Include:

Don't forget to check back for a new Community Choice vote every 8 hours and new Flash sales throughout the day! You can also grab the Steam mobile app to make sure you never miss any great deals while you're on the go!

Complete information on all the savings, Flash Sales, Community Choice Votes and more may be found on www.steampowered.com.
ARMA II @ £15 is tempting....

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I bought Bang Bang Racing for £2.71, good bit o fun for the price, reminds of those top down view race games for the Mega Drive way back when.

Nowt today that I don't already have appeals to me, one more day to go, thank gawd for that, my bank balance is suffering ;)

Ask a Question