STEAM SUMMER SALE ON NOW

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ok, just caved in and bought Skyrim. :D

DLing hte Hi Res textures now.

This is all just my opinion but I reckon Skyrim is the best RPG ever so if you have even a passing interest in RPG's you should enjoy it. Having said that, Ian didn't think much of it as I recall.

I enjoyed Oblivion and Fallout 3 as well but Fallout New Vegas was a bit crap.

I also like Dragon Age Origins; Dragon Age II; The Witcher (enhanced version) 1 and Kingdoms Of Amalur: The Reckoning. I'm not all that impressed with Risen 1.

With Skyrim imo it's definitely worth taking a look at a walkthrough or two or if that doesn't appeal at least look at a Wiki and see how to buy a house and stuff. There's a lot in it :) I've finished the main quest quite some time ago and have been too busy with new games to return to play add-ons and extra quests but it probably still has hours of play left in it.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hmmm, just played a bit of Skyrim, can see myself getting into it i think......

Todays deals............

Zrp82.png

ks6Qm.png

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just took a look at Microsoft Flight after spotting it on your list, and it turns out that the game is actually free and there are just paid addons. Will be downloading that and giving it a whirl, then may try some additional bits :).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Damn, I've already got what I consider the goodies :(

Can recommend: The Darkness Two £10; Serious Sam 3 £7.50; Saints Row The Third £7.50

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah nothing much there for me either... The only one i'd consider is the walking dead. But not for that much.

Ian, yeah i've tried MS Flight, its not too bad, worth a DL if nothing else. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Still very tempted by Walking Dead, but i dont want to spend that much on it.... May wait til the Xmas sale, see if its cheaper then....

Played a couple of hours of MP3 yesterday, very enjoyable, like the way the cut scenes break it up and make the story flow more. :)

Going to play a bit on Skyrim later and go looking for some mods to install, i hear good things about SkyUI for one. But i want one for textures etc mostly. Anyone here got any recommendations?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Todays deals...

RI7nX.png

Vi6QO.png

^^ Last ones Total War Shogun.2. ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hmmm, Rage is now 67% off @ £9.99. Random.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Rage and Metro are definite must have for FPS fans, Rage is probably slightly better though. I havent spent a penny in the steam sale yet :D. Diablo 3 is taking all my gaming time up :blush:.

Enjoy Skyrim VR, tis a game that needs time but is very rewarding. I still go back to Skyrim every now and then, the workshop has some excellent home made quests in it. and theres ton's of home made patches to make it look prettier.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Better late than never. If you haven't seen the deals.....

The Steam Summer Sale continues today with huge savings throughout the store!

Today's Daily Deals Include:

Don't forget to check back for a new Community Choice vote every 8 hours and new Flash sales throughout the day! You can also grab the Steam mobile app to make sure you never miss any great deals while you're on the go!

Complete information on all the savings, Flash Sales, Community Choice Votes and more may be found on www.steampowered.com.

Also, please vote for Driver!!! :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If you're into Train Sims then Railworks 3: Train Simulator 2012 is well worth £2.74. I've had it a while now, didn't pay full price for it, possibly a tenner. I actually find it quite difficult tbh and don't go there much, which probably means I am neither trainspotter nor anorak.

Still, if you like playing with trains then snap it up cos it is good and that price is a giveaway. Oh, and be aware the add-ons are very expensive, typically twenty quid a pack.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Have you seen the price for all the DLC for that Railworks!!?? :eek:

Over £600!!!! and thats with it all at -50%!! :eek::eek:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Have you seen the price for all the DLC for that Railworks!!?? :eek:

Over £600!!!! and thats with it all at -50%!! :eek::eek:

I know. That's what I said diddle-eye? Expensive! :D

You don't actually need any DLC though, there's plenty in the basic game.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Haha, yeah i didn't think it would be that much!!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Still waiting for F1 2011 and Driver to be on the daily deals. Driver on up for the vote but bloody NFS: HP won...... :rolleyes:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
God dammit, still no Driver SF or F1 2011..... Also wouldn't mind ARMA II for the DayZ mod....

CWXMe.png
yIQnr.png

On the plus side, i only have one more badge to get to get the full set! :D

gfj6N.png

Reaction score
What are these badges about? Guess I need to do some more poking around in Steam again :D

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Sniper elite has been the only game so far that i'd even want! I'm so over the steam sale ;). (its got nothing to be about being poor, really :p)

Ask a Question