Steam Summer Sale 2016 set for 23rd June for two weeks

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah after playing the Doom demo, I think its gonna be fun! It really does look great too.

I'll see how it goes, I did very much enjoy the original TR, hoping for more of the same. :)

I tried the demo of The Evil Within last night too. Great concept, let down by crap clunky feeling controls. Shame.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I am very much enjoying Rise of the Tomb Raider. Liking the new crafting gear and stuff. Think I'm about half way though it.

Gameplay is solid, graphics are top notch. Works well with ether pad or KB&M.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I am very much enjoying Rise of the Tomb Raider. Liking the new crafting gear and stuff. Think I'm about half way though it.

Gameplay is solid, graphics are top notch. Works well with ether pad or KB&M.

Aye, I'd agree with that, after a start that featured a lot of quicktime-like moments, the game's settled down to become quite enjoyable. I've mixed feelings about the crafting, this game, imo, is nothing like it's predecessor.

I'm six hours in, have been playing some other games as well, I doubt if I'm more than 15 or 20% completed.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Continuing this, I finished Rise of the Tomb Raider last night. With 100% might I add - I'm a sucker for collectables! haha. :D

Good game actually, great graphics, runs well and a decent story. Recommended. :thumb:

Now I shall carry on with Doom.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I thought you'd be finished by now V_R, that's good going.

I'm on the last chapter of the main story now, trying to take out the troubachet (Catapult) but so far I can't seem to do it. And after getting through all the other difficult parts that's not making me too happy.

So for now I've more or less given up. I've completed two of the challenge tombs from a total of nine. It seems to be more difficult actually finding these tombs than completing the gameplay inside them.

This game is certainly worth the money, it has fluid gameplay, a good engine, good graphics and as V_R has mentioned a decent story. Recommended.

Me? I probably give up too easy but when it gets to about the sixth try at something and I'm still failing I get very annoyed and want to break things... ;) I'll probably get back to it.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Steam says I've got 36 hours on record for it, so not bad considering I didn't rush the story and I spent a lot of time doing the side missions and collection random things.

Flops, have a watch this...

:)

Ask a Question