Steam Christmas Sale is On!

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Looks like the Steam site is down for a bit.

(
Error 503 Service Unavailable )

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah it is getting hammered... You have til 6pm tomorrow to see todays deals. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just gave it another go and got through ok :)

Not a lot there today, notable mentions are Just Cause 2, Portal 2 and Rift for a fiver each.

Both the Max Payne games are up for £1.49 each but it says they will only run in Win XP/2000. I don't know about the first game but Max Payne 2 loaded from disk runs fine for me in Win 7.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
And now it costs 3 quid. Doesn't work within Vista or Win 7, dated graphics, dated gameplay, and I think there might actually be more violence in Skyrim, lol

I think I will definitely give it a miss, controversial gameplay coupled with a dated and pretty crap game engine does not make for a good game, even for three of your English pounds.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
I really wish they would give us the option to buy more than one copy at a time, for gifting reasons.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So the new Batman is on sale.... Wonder if its worth a punt....?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
So the new Batman is on sale.... Wonder if its worth a punt....?

I've played about an hour of it so far and it's really quite good. There's lots of using a grapple hook and zooming about round the tops of buildings, some mild puzzles and beating up baddies.

Graphics are very good and the characters are interesting. Well worth twenty quid, not worth 35 imo. Mine came as a freebie with my new Nvidia card.

Reaction score
I've played about an hour of it so far and it's really quite good. There's lots of using a grapple hook and zooming about round the tops of buildings, some mild puzzles and beating up baddies.

Graphics are very good and the characters are interesting. Well worth twenty quid, not worth 35 imo. Mine came as a freebie with my new Nvidia card.

I got it as a freebie as well - a non-gaming relative bought a new card and gave me the game :) I haven't gotten around to playing it yet though, Skyrim and Serious Sam 3 have been taking up all my gaming time. And now 'Saints Row: The Third' has just entered the picture :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Welp, too late now if V_R didn't buy it, it's back to full price.

I bought Portal 2 for a fiver in the Steam sale, seemed too good an offer to pass up. It's better than the first Portal I will admit, but, so far, I'm not totally convinced it's my sort of thing. I shall carry on though, persevere, you never know, it may grow on me.

Also bought Grotesque Tactics 1 & 2 for £5.49 and Skydrift for £3.49. I tried the Skydrift demo before purchase, liked it, so bought it. It's an arcade airplane racing game, probably the only kind of flight sim I'll ever be any good at, lol :D

Reaction score
I went on a last minute Steam shopping spree - 6 games for not much more than I normally spend on just one game.

attachment.php

Shogun 2 looked pretty good, sort of Skyrim set in Japan, and Dx11 support.
Fable 3 also looks like Skyrim type gameplay, Bulletstorm and Dead Island I've heard good things about, Episodes from Liberty City because GTA4 is so addicting, and Universe Sandbox - this one is completely different, more of a simulator than a game, where you can cause planetary collisions etc. Just seemed like something relaxing, and dirt cheap
wink.gif

Now I guess I'll have to take two weeks off from work to play all these games :D

Attachments

• steamshoppingspree.png
    steamshoppingspree.png
    93.6 KB · Views: 1,002

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Nice selection there ZT :thumb:

My opinion, which is worth about as much as the froth on a pint of bitter...

Shogun 2: I bought Shogun 1 Total War and thought it was a pile of poo, nothing like The Elder Scrolls, series, more like Command & Conquer I thought. I do hope V2 is better.

Universe sandbox: I know nothing about this one.

Fable III: I have it on Xbox and love it. Not everyone's cup of meat, it's a bit cute and quite easy but I enjoy it.

Bulletstorm: Probably my favourite game of 2011, loved this one to bits.

Dead Island: Good, gory, but can get repetitive after a while. Plus some of the auto-save points are very frustrating if you die you have to replay lengthy scenarios you've already been through.

GTA Liberty City - I have not a clue.

Enjoy :)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Nice selection there ZT :thumb:
Shogun 2: I bought Shogun 1 Total War and thought it was a pile of poo, nothing like The Elder Scrolls, series, more like Command & Conquer I thought. I do hope V2 is better

It's supposed to be more like Command & Conquer, nothing like the elder scrolls series! Its a strategy game :p

Ask a Question