Steam Autumn Sale 2013 Now On

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've not bought anything (yet!) either - but there are some good bargains to be had :). Skyrim for a few quid and Bioshock Infinite was very cheap yesterday.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah yes, was going to mention Skyrim. If you haven't got it yet, for less than 4 quid you would be mad not to buy it. I have 250+ hours of that game under my belt. So much playability for the money.

Also, the Walking Dead is a surprisingly good game I got it on the 360 as the other half enjoyed the demo, so we played though it. Its 5 chapters and has a very good storyline. Its one of those games where you can sit back and enjoy it as its got a lot of QTE's in it. Its nothing like Dead Rising / RE etc. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I bought Outlast for a fiver and have just played through the first level and it's very good, imo

Pretty scary too, made me jump out of my skin a couple of times so far :D

Am probably also going to buy Contrast (£9) & Gone Home (£7.50) but not sure yet, they are those prices until 3rd December.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I just bought a game called Post Apocalyptic Mayhem for £1.50 and it's DLC comprising 3 extra vehicles for 49p total £1.99.

It's an old school racing game that's kind of a cross between the game Blur and an old Win 98 game called Ignition. It plays well and is great fun, decidedly old school.

For a coupla quid (price is fixed til Dec 3rd when it reverts back to £7.50 for both) I'd definitely recommend it. Kinda essential you have a gamepad to play it though, preferably a Microsoft controller gamepad.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Its one of those games where you can sit back and enjoy it as its got a lot of QTE's in it.

Eh? :eek:

You like QTE's? My goodness.

Well I suppose it takes all sorts ;) Personally I think QTE's are a bane 'Press X not to die' as they say and they were the only bad thing about Tomb Raider.

As for The Walking Dead, I bought it in a previous Steam sale and played it for about half an hour and haven't been back since, I thought it decidedly lacklustre and akin to wading through a movie where if you don't press a button in time you have to watch a scene all over again.

I may go back to it, but I'm in no hurry.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Haha, yeah its not my usual kind of game i will admit. But its a good one to sit back and play with the other half. Once you get into the story its actually really quite good. :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
The Walking Dead is quite neat. Definitely not a fast paced game. For some reason I could not get past moving the tractor at the electrified fence scene. I may have another go at it as I would like to know how it ends. :cool:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
If you got that far, deffo finish it. ;)

That bits quite easy, if your really stuck look for a walkthough.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just bought Saints Row IV, I think I'm beginning to spend too much money :D

Still, that's one I wanted, almost bought it when it was twenty quid but as it's now £16 I thought I'd have me some.

As I remember, it's staying at that price until late Sunday afternoon if anybody else fancies it.

Ask a Question