    Rudy Guest

    BlankOn initial start-up my PC displays "American MegaTrend" screen. How
    do I disable this screen??? Thanxx.........Rudy

    Rudy, Jul 9, 2009

  2. Rudy

    nass Guest

    "Rudy" wrote:

    > BlankOn initial start-up my PC displays "American MegaTrend" screen. How
    > do I disable this screen??? Thanxx.........Rudy

    Try to disable the Quick Boot and see if the Splash screen will go. How old
    is your BIOS?

    The BIOS: The 'Basic Input Output System' Setup Program Used in PCs - Page 1
    http://www.pcbuyerbeware.co.uk/BIOS.htm

    Chapter 3 AMI BIOS USER'S GUIDE
    http://uk.ts.fujitsu.com/rl/servicesupport/techsupport/Boards/Motherboards/MicroStar/MS6309/6309-3(ami).pdf

    nass, Jul 9, 2009

  3. Hello,

    Some motherboards (such as ASUS) support loading a custom image to replace
    the initial bootup screen. You will need to check your motherboard's site
    for such software that allows to change the image.

    You can use CPU-Z to identify your motherboard -
    http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php - and visit you motherboard's site. Look under
    Support. As I said, only some of them do. If you have a budget motherboard,
    you will most likely not be able to replace that screen.

    __
    Singapore Computer Home Remote On-Site Repair Service

    Singapore Computer Service, Jul 10, 2009
  4. Rudy

    dadiOH Guest

    Rudy wrote:
    > BlankOn initial start-up my PC displays "American MegaTrend" screen.
    > How do I disable this screen??? Thanxx.........Rudy

    Look in the BIOS setup for a setting to disable it; once disabled, the
    normal POST screens will be displayed.

    --

    dadiOH

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...