Star Wars Battlefront

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Reinstalled all of it. Made no difference
Odd. Unlucky mate.

So I played some more this weekend. My thoughts:

Pros:
- Looks really nice with all the good stuff turned on.
- Decent framerate, was hovering around the 70 - 90 fps will everything on Ultra (1080p).
- No noticable lag or slowdown.
- Sound is awesome.
- Servers ran well, despite not being able to see your ping.

Cons:
- 3rd person gives you more of an advantage over 1st.
- Low skill ceiling, no recoil, not spread or deviation. just hold mouse one to win.
- A few little bug and glitches (yeah I know its a beta, but still)
- Terrible balance, both weapons and teams. RIP Rebels on Hoth lol.
- Spawn rape.
- Party / Partner system is retarded.
- No ping on scoreboard.
- I found it felt like it got old quick and don't see it having a great deal of replay value.
- EA so bound to be too expensive.

All that said, both BF4 and Hardline betas ran really well, but both games on release were pretty bad, BF4 especially!

Also, they've extended the beta until the 13th.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Try this?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Windows-10-Origin-start-up-error-0xc000007b/td-p/4699279

Hello again everyone,

This isn't an issue with the Origin Client, but rather with some legacy files missing within the new operating system.

Sharim73 is right in that the previously provided workaround highlighted by the original poster is quite invasive to the system, and we would rather recommend that users download and install the below MS Visual C++ Redistributable Packages, directly from Microsoft:

Should you still encounter the same issue afterwards, first make sure that you have all optional Windows Updates installed and then run Windows System File Checker as highlighted in this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

As a last resort, you can look into refreshing and resetting your PC as in the linked article.

Let us know how you all get on.

Cheers,
Nils

Note: I am temporarily marking this post as solution with the sole purpose of increasing its visibility.

EDIT: just saw this on Reddit too:

I had this same issue myself and was able to resolve it. I also had this error while trying another beta game recently and never found the fix. Well, today was my lucky day! Here are the steps I followed:

1. Uninstall both the x86 and x64 version of Microsoft C++ Visual Studio 2010 SP1
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and manually move (cut and paste to desktop, DO NOT delete just in case) msvcr100.dll to another folder.
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Re-install both of the packages you just installed (a quick google search will take you to the download pages).
  5. Restart again.
  6. Check the C:\Windows\System32 folder to confirm the msvcr100.dll file was re-created.
  7. Try launching your game.

Many places tell you to re-install the packages due to a problem with this file, however NONE of them mention to manually delete it. The problem I had was that uninstalling the packages DID NOT remove this file, therefore it was never actually re-created. By manually removing it from the System32 folder before re-installing, it automatically re-creates the file and resolves the issue (at least it did for me, and this is about the 25th solution I've tried, so I'm confident).

Anyways, I hope this helps someone else!!
Seems the bold bit is important. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm going to hold on till it's £15 or so - as I've got enough things still to play!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Launch trailer:

Makes it look really good but the beta was lacking... :/

Ask a Question