    Thanks,

    David

    , Aug 13, 2007

  2. Jeff Boyce Guest

    David

    We experienced a significant (multi-minute instead of multi-second) response
    time 'hit' after migrating data from an Access back-end to a SQL-Server
    back-end.

    The main contributor(s) were:
    * over-zealous anti-virus software
    * Access (front-end) forms and queries not optimized for SQL-Server
    * back NICs, cables, routers

    Any of these help?

    Regards

    Jeff Boyce