    Anyone else experience this or have a solution?
    Thanks
    Grant.

    Grant, Feb 8, 2005

  2. If something is accurately identified, but the removal doesn't work, please
    try this:

    Restart your system in safe mode by pressing the F8 function key before the
    Windows screen appears. In safe mode do full scans until a scan comes
    through clean--probably two or more scans. Then restart normally and see if
    that has done the trick.

    If not, please post here with the name of the item detected but not cleaned.
    --
    FAQ for Microsoft Antispyware:

    Bill Sanderson, Feb 8, 2005

  3. Grant

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for your earlier response.
    I tried running in Safe mode. After 2 runs it came back
    with nothing found. After rebooting I experienced the
    same problems.
    The problems that are found but not removed are 1)
    Vx2.ZServ (Trojan) and 2) EUniverse Updater (browser
    Hijacker).
    Any further advice would be great.
    Thanks
    Grant.

    Guest, Feb 8, 2005
  4. Grant

    Ron Kinner Guest

    Get HijackThis.exe from
    http://tomcoyote.org/hjt/hjt199//HijackThis.exe

    Save (best if you can save it to a new folder C:\hjt but
    if not just save it to your desktop so you can find it)
    and then Open it and select the SCAN AND SAVE LOG option.

    Note where you save the log and then send the log to me.
    I will be glad to look at it and tell you what to do to
    get rid of it for good.

    Ron Kinner MVP

    rkinner AT att DOT net
    " AT " = "@"
    " DOT " = "."

    Ron Kinner, Feb 9, 2005
  5. This is a relatively new Vx2 variant. Go with Ron Kinner's advice
    --

    <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for your earlier response.
    > I tried running in Safe mode. After 2 runs it came back
    > with nothing found. After rebooting I experienced the
    > same problems.
    > The problems that are found but not removed are 1)
    > Vx2.ZServ (Trojan) and 2) EUniverse Updater (browser
    > Hijacker).
    > Any further advice would be great.
    > Thanks
    > Grant.

    >>> Grant.

    Bill Sanderson, Feb 9, 2005
  6. Grant

    Karl Guest

    There would be a file in the registry to create the file
    over again that was deleted. You may have to regedit and
    find that file.

    Karl, Feb 11, 2005
  7. Rather than using REgedit, I'd encourage Microsoft Antispyware users to use
    the System Explorers in Tools, Advanced tools to find and temporarily block
    any unknown items they can spot. This action is easily reversable. If you
    block an item and find that it alleviates the symptoms, you can permanently
    remove it.

    I used a combination of these techniques to clean a fairly infected machine
    yesterday. Microsoft Antispyware cleaned it quite well, but left a few
    pieces behind, which I was able to clean up.

    Bill Sanderson, Feb 11, 2005
  8. Grant

    anonymous Guest

    I have the same problem with some spyware called
    eSyndicate. I have repeatedly removed it, and it comes
    right back.

    anonymous, Feb 16, 2005
  9. Is it listed in add or remove programs.

    Bill Sanderson, Feb 19, 2005