    websites and it uses it's own homepage as my default
    webpage which i cannot change. Can someone please help?
    Thanks.

    Tim Bates, Apr 27, 2005

  2. Giving us the URL of the website might help identify the pest and give you
    some directed guideance.

    However, you might want to take advantage of Ron Kinner's offer of help:
    -----------------------------
    Get HijackThis.exe from
    http://tomcoyote.org/hjt/hjt199//HijackThis.exe

    Save it to C:\hjt (new folder) then Open it and select
    Scan and Save Log. Note where you saved the log then
    send it to me as an attachment. Put Hijack in the subject
    so I'll know it's not spam.

    Ron Kinner
    Microsoft MVP 2004 & 2005

    --
    FAQ for Microsoft Antispyware:

    Bill Sanderson, Apr 27, 2005

  3. "Tim Bates" <> wrote in message
    > I cannot remove a particulary nasty piece of spywear. The
    > Microsoft antispyware Beta 1 softwear cannot detect it
    > and it keeps installing 15 icons onto my desktop, opening
    > up internet explorer and redirecting it to various
    > websites and it uses it's own homepage as my default
    > webpage which i cannot change. Can someone please help?
    > Thanks.

    Did you try running MSAS in Safe Mode?

    --

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE, Apr 28, 2005
  4. Tim Bates

    jarius Guest

    sure your program is up to date. Tim bates

    jarius, Apr 30, 2005