Spyware and Adware Removal

Article Spyware and Adware Removal

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian submitted a new article:

Spyware and Adware Removal - Spyware and Adware Removal

Introduction

Spyware and Adware are two of the major annoyances for many computer users, slowing down PCs and obtaining information - all done covertly. Most computers connected to the internet will in fact be infected with some form of spyware, with users being blissfully unaware (apart from maybe a few strange occurrences whilst browsing). There are some forms of adware that will actually cost user dearly, which will be covered later on in the article.

Companies...

Read more about this article...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great article and easy to understand, even for the newbies. Some of the free products I like, in addition to the ones mentioned are:

1) Yahoo! Anti-Spy on the Yahoo toolbar will remove spyware;

2) A (squared) 2 (free version) at www.emsisoft.com/en/ will find worms/malware; and

3) Mozilla Firefox which will reduce the user's exposure to spyware.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Glad you enjoyed it Searmor2 :) I'm planning on following the article up with some information on Firefox, which has quite alot of security features built in :D

Reaction score
Let me know what you think of the other two free products I mentioned. I think that they would be two great additions to your article. Neither one of them gets much press but they are very good.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Great read Ian.

I agree with searmor ... A2 2 (A-Squared) is well worth a mention.

provides protection against Trojans, Dialers and Spyware. fills the gaps that malware writers exploit.

:thumb:

Reaction score
how do if find out if this spyware

I have found the following programs starts when my computer does. RUNDLL32.EXE NvQTwk,NvCplDaemon initialize
i think it may be a virus or the link but i am not sure. does anyone know, or even know how i can find out. i have run various anti-spyware programs on it but none have picked it up. If it is nasty i could do with some advice on how to remove it.
cheers
brett

Reaction score
well my first question is, do you have Daemon tools ?? Its a dvd rip program. My next advise is to always google your errors. You'll be amazed with what you pull up.

Reaction score
Lots of advice on how to cope , identify and eliminate the malware problems but can anyone say if there is a mechanism to go after and prosecute ( ..or persecute) the perpetrators of this type of crime eg Antivirus Gold ?

Reaction score
Reading this thread Spybot comes to mined along with C-Cleaner, both are excellent programs and are FREE. :eek:

Reaction score
IP address

I would love to get a log of the ip addreses of the pin heads that are loading spyware spybots popups Stealthads I call them then we can go after them... MS is way to silent about this!

Ask a Question