    XP and he has a couple printers connected to our print server. Whats odd is
    its all the printers that disappear even that default printer that is in
    there when no other printer is there.

    James, Dec 10, 2008

  2. There's a KB article on just this:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324757/it)

    What I would do is uninstall and reinstall ALL the printers on the User's
    PC:
    http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm
    Making sure you include Step 4.

    The User's Spooler Service is obviously set to restart if it crashes, and
    that's why his printers disappear (from the Spooler crash) and then reappear
    (from it restarting).
    http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_Nine.htm

    --
    Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
    www.coribright.com/windows

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Dec 11, 2008

  3. James

    James Guest

    Re: Spooler SubSystem Error and printers disappearing and reappear

    If I remove the "it" at the end of that link is that the english version of
    it? I dont know italian so not sure if those are the same two articles

    James, Dec 11, 2008
  4. James

    James Guest

    Re: Spooler SubSystem Error and printers disappearing and reappear

    Also I have already removed all the printers and readded them but still have
    the same issue. These are network printers along with the basic microsoft
    default printer that are disappearing in the folder. This one is the only
    user with this problem.

    James, Dec 11, 2008
  5. Re: Spooler SubSystem Error and printers disappearing and reappear

    Remove the installed print drivers after removing the printer. The print
    drivers are corrupting the memory of the spooler and causing it to fail.

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    Alan Morris [MSFT], Dec 12, 2008