    Any suggestions on where I go from here?
    --
    alw

    Guest, Aug 6, 2005

  2. This should be your first stop:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324757
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Aug 6, 2005

    Thanks Cari, but after I returned to normal operations i got the same
    message. Some where I've got a program conflict and I can't seem to identify
    what it is. What programs other than the printers use the spooler system?
    alw

    Guest, Aug 6, 2005
  4. Nothing... unless you have Adobe Acrobat (full version) installed or
    (perhaps, not sure... Hal will help me on this one...) Microsoft Fax.

    Try a complete blitz on the printer drivers...

    Ensure after rebooting, that you have the very latest drivers for your
    printers from the manufacturers' websites.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Aug 6, 2005

    Sorry if i'm intruding but I have been following all threads in this and
    related discussions as I still have the same problem. Blitzed the spooler.
    Removed Adobe Acrobat. Followed all instructions on Microsoft database. I
    still cannot install hp laserjet 1300 printer with current drivers. The XP
    version I originally installed was the Upgrade to Xp... then I installed
    SP2. The printer was installed and functioned on Windows 98 before the
    upgrade... since the upgrade it doesn't work. The blitz spooler page states
    the failure to uninstall before upgrading is an obvious mistake... but
    doesn't the blitz correct that? The odd thing is that I also have an hp 7350
    that will install with no problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Guest, Aug 7, 2005
  6. Try:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324757

    Very well known problem and this is the solution.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    http://www.coribright.com/windows

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Feb 21, 2007

    Steve S Guest

    Still stuck in "Spooler subsystem App" hell!

    Cari, thanks for the advice, but you should have said, "this might be the
    solution", instead of "this is the solution".

    I will try the PCHELL.COM link that funkscs suggested to see if that
    document gives me a clue for a resolution. Maybe it is an old DLL.

    Yesterday, I spent about three hours trying to fix this problem. Of many
    things that I tried were the Microsoft 324757 and 810894 articles that
    addressed the infamous "Spooler subsystem app" error message. After the
    registry changes, file deletions, etc. listed in the Microsoft documents,
    get the error when the computer is rebooted. To manually restart the
    spooler, or in some cases, stop, then restart the spooler works to print,
    but something users should not have to do everyday or more frequent. . . .

    I will have to look into the possibility of whether the OS was upgraded or
    not. If it was one of my work computers, reformat and re-image would be the
    ideal fix, but it is for a new commercial client, that can not deal with the
    re-install of all software. Yuck!

    Thanks for any other suggestions.

    Steve

    Steve S, Feb 25, 2007

    Dieter Guest

    Hi Steve,

    you can additionally check the following:
    - netsupport manager installed ? (->uninstall temporary)
    - check registry key
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print
    \PostSPUpgrade]
    and delete content if one exists
    - "data executing prevention" enabled on new 64 bit processors ?

    to examine why the spooler dies, more information is needed.
    You can use good old Dr.Watson to gather information. Start it with
    drwtsn32.
    If no information is shown and nothing is in the logfile-path, start
    it again with "drwtsn32 -I".
    Another possiblity is to start "ntsd" and attach it to the spooler
    process
    with the "-p" option - type "g" when ntsd stops, wait until the next
    stop which should be occur when the error arises. Use "k" to show a
    stack trace.
    It should be possible to detect the module, which causes the error.

    Dieter

    Dieter, Feb 26, 2007

    Pimpinella

    Joined:
    Aug 1, 2012
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    It is a very common error. And I can assert that HP printer always spoils print spooler work. So, the better solution is to change drivers.... or.... printer :lol:
    If you cannot solve this problem, then you are welcome to use the instructions from this website: http://www.printer-spooler.com
    I found here very detailed instructions of methods, which are really work. So, you should just try to use one of them.

    Pimpinella, Aug 1, 2012