    --
    BMC
    Delete delete and remove remove to email

    Guest, Feb 17, 2005

  2. BMC <> wrote:

    >The print spooler service on a Windows XP SP2 workstation is crashing every
    >minute or so for no apparent reason.
    >The Service Control Manager logs this in the system log as event id 7031
    >(the service terminated unexpectedly.)
    >sc query spooler returns and exit code of 1067

    This could be caused by malware. Scan your system with Ad-aware
    (http://www.lavasoft.de) and a virus scanner.
    "List of Antivirus Software Vendors"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=49500)

    --
    (tm)

    Thorsten Matzner, Feb 17, 2005

    "Thorsten Matzner" wrote:

    > This could be caused by malware. Scan your system with Ad-aware
    > (http://www.lavasoft.de) and a virus scanner.
    > "List of Antivirus Software Vendors"
    > (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=49500)
    >
    > --
    > (tm)

    Thanks but there is no spyware detected by either Adaware or the MS
    AntiSpyware beta on the machine. An yother ideas would be welcome.

    Guest, Feb 17, 2005

    Ron Martell Guest

    BMC <> wrote:

    >The print spooler service on a Windows XP SP2 workstation is crashing every
    >minute or so for no apparent reason.
    >The Service Control Manager logs this in the system log as event id 7031
    >(the service terminated unexpectedly.)
    >sc query spooler returns and exit code of 1067
    >
    >Can anyone shed any light on what this exit code means and what might be
    >causing the service to crash?
    >
    >Many thanks

    Try uninstalling and then reinstalling your printer(s).

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Feb 17, 2005

    "Ron Martell" wrote:
    > Try uninstalling and then reinstalling your printer(s).
    >
    > Good luck

    I tried that. Even with no printers installed at all, it still terminiates
    as before.

    Guest, Feb 17, 2005
  6. BMC <> wrote:

    >Thanks but there is no spyware detected by either Adaware or the MS
    >AntiSpyware beta on the machine. An yother ideas would be welcome.

    What about viruses? Also scan from the Safe Mode.

    --
    (tm)

    Thorsten Matzner, Feb 18, 2005

    "Thorsten Matzner" wrote:
    > What about viruses? Also scan from the Safe Mode.

    It's not that either, again it's something I'd already checked. There
    doesn't seem to be any performance or other issues with the machine, nothing
    unusual (except this) showing up in the event logs. No funny software
    installed. It's very peculiar.

    Cheers

    Guest, Feb 18, 2005
  8. What is the actual error message that comes up when you try to start the
    Spooler?
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Windows Technologies, Printing & Imaging

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Dec 13, 2005

    imacamper Guest

    Cari \(MS-MVP\) Wrote:
    > What is the actual error message that comes up when you try to start
    > the
    > Spooler?
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Windows Technologies, Printing & Imaging
    > http://www.coribright.com/windows
    >
    > Did you ever find a resolution to this issue? I am having the same
    > problem on a fresh install of Windows XP. I didn't use to have this
    > problem on this machine but I upgraded the motherboard and CPU. Old
    > CPU was Athlon XP 2800+ on Asus mobo. New is Athon 64 X2 3800 on
    > ABit
    > mobo. After upgrading, I did complete new install and upgraded to
    > SP2
    > immediately. Print spooler won't run. Wiped everything clean and
    > installed again. Same problem.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Drew
    >

    > --
    > imacamper

    The spooler starts and runs for about a minute or so. Then it stops.
    The event viewer shows event id 7034 and the description is "The Print
    Spooler service terminated unexpectedly". Clicking on the link
    (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp) suggests to run "sc query
    spooler" and look at "WIN32_EXIT_CODE". Here is that output:

    C:\Documents and Settings\tomlinson_drsc query spooler

    SERVICE_NAME: spooler
    TYPE : 110 WIN32_OWN_PROCESS (interactive)
    STATE : 1 STOPPED

    (NOT_STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
    WIN32_EXIT_CODE : 1067 (0x42b)
    SERVICE_EXIT_CODE : 0 (0x0)
    CHECKPOINT : 0x0
    WAIT_HINT : 0x0

    Thanks for any assistance.

    Drew

    --
    imacamper

    imacamper, Dec 13, 2005
  10. What versions of the following files are you running? (ie what are the file
    dates on the files in question)

    spoolsv.exe

    spoolss.dll

    localspl.dll

    win32spl.dll

    winspool.drv

    Are you current with your Security Updates for Windows XP with SP2?

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Dec 14, 2005

    Lmussio

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I've the same problem.
    Win XP 64bit SP2
    No virus found (AVG, Sophos and House-Call)
    Tried to reinstall SP2 but nothing.
    Any solution??
    Thanks

    Lmussio, Dec 16, 2011