Specifying publisher for Vista's autorun with HTML file

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Security' started by Kris, Aug 22, 2007.

  1. Kris

    Kris Guest

    Hi,

    In my autorun.inf file I use the entry below to launch a HTML menu. On
    Vista, AutoPlay will show the option "Run index.html - Publisher not
    specified".

    [autorun]
    open=index.html

    The 'publisher not specified' makes sense since no publisher has been
    specified for the HTML file. However, I was wondering if it is possible
    to remove this message, or if it's possible to specify a publisher for
    the HTML file.

    When dealing with executables you can easily get rid of this message by
    digitally signing the application. However, since signing is not
    possible for HTML files I was wondering if there's an alternative when
    dealing with HTML ?

    Thanks,

    Kris, Aug 22, 2007

  2. Kris

    Steve Easton Guest

    Instead of using open try using shellexecute

    [AUTORUN]
    shellexecute=index.html

    --

    Steve Easton

    Steve Easton, Aug 23, 2007

  3. Kris

    Kris Guest

    Steve Easton wrote:
    > Instead of using open try using shellexecute

    Thanks for the suggestion. But Shellexecute unfortunately also reports
    'Publisher not specified'.

    Kris

    Kris, Aug 24, 2007